Nasty pipe

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by pedal pusher, Feb 4, 2008.

1. pedal pusher

pedal pusher New Member

Any have info on high performance exhaust for the china frame mounted engines?

2. check dax website under parts. the link is on the left
  3. HI,

I think the preliminary info on the Dax Hi perf pipe showed no real performance gains...I forget who did a review on it but if you do need a muffler it might be a good replacement....For true high performance you'd need a tuned pipe.

4. pedal pusher

pedal pusher New Member

Tuned pipe,thats what Im talkin bout. Where can i find one?
  5. Stryker

Stryker Guest

I have the DAX Hi Performance pipe and I am getting the same speed as my original pipe, the difference is I went from a 36 T sprocket to a 40 T sprocket. So in reality it increased about 2 to 3 miles an hour. Also with my original pipe I was having to slightly choke the bike in the lower speeds to get good acceleration and un choke after 25 to get up to 32, (this using 2 different carbs). With the new pipe it rolls right up to 32 with smooth and better acceleration. The clearance is close on the peddles, may have to do a little bending.
  6. I did the DAX mod and I showed a renewed difference. But then my exhaust was littered in black tar. I have to say when you can make your exhaust breath that's a good thing.
    Even on my truck I needed an after cat exhaust but it's all too expensive. So for 30 bucks I had a muffler shop simply weld a straight pipe from the cat and exited out to the side with one 45 degree bend.
    No muffler. No bend over the rear axle.
    It's just a tad louder if you can believe that but performance improved vastly. I had this miss felt like not getting enough fuel before this mod,now it's just gone.
    Sorry for derailing a bit but basically the louder your exhaust,the free'er it's breathing.
  7. w31john

w31john Member

8. will_start

will_start Member

I'm collecting bike picks for a stills vid, that ones definitely going in there, well done.

9. pedal pusher

pedal pusher New Member

So Dr Olds... I mean w31john, is that pipe pretty wicked or what? It looks hard core but is it workin as good as it looks?
  10. pedal pusher

pedal pusher New Member

W31 is a Olds motor found in many cool 442's and some F85's for those that need ta know. Hey john... I have a safari wagon w/a W30 455...I even got the red wheel wells in it. Anyway..... back ta bikes, sorry guys.
  11. take the baffle out. i did today for shtz n giggles. its louder than ****, but on the bright side my bike would run like a a bat out of **** and have no problem reving up higher than normal.
  12. w31john

w31john Member

we raced stand up scooters for years,and my friend has built two stroke pipes for more than 30 years.this pipe works very well. as for the w31, i have a 69 F85 w31 take a look it's on the top of the page.