Need a stronger rear wheel

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jmsmedia, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jmsmedia

jmsmedia New Member

I just bought a 1996 EV warrior electric bicycle.Where can I buy a stronger more robust rear wheel 24 inch? Also where can I buy a EV warrior electric motor to fit it?

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. EV Warriors are friction drive, so I don't think you need a super-duty rear wheel, but you will need a good rear street tire. A good 24inch BMX (or cruiser class) wheel should do it. The only place I ever see EV Warrior parts for sale is on EBay. Post a pic when you can.

3. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Staton has lots of parts, but no motors. He does carry a motor mount for $5.00. All his parts are under $5.00! Your going to have to Google Ev Warrior motor or parts. http://motorbicycling.com/f9/ev-warrior-6002-2.html has a thread on Ev Warrior.

Good Luck,

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

4. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

if you just bought an electgric bicycle (complete i assume) why wodl you need a stronger rear wheel AND an electric motor to fit it?
    if you bought an e-bike, one is only to assume that the bike is already complete.

5. jmsmedia

jmsmedia New Member

Two spokes are broken on rear wheel

Two spokes are broken on rear wheel,which is a major fix having to remove sprocket.The Bike is just missing cover and battery .Also someone whacked off 6 wires from cover and tail lite-I hooked up small red wire to 24 volt ground and larger white to ground and red to positive-controler works and wheel turns. :grin5