need a throttle

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by tob4000, Apr 30, 2011.

1. tob4000

tob4000 New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a used throttle/killswitch assembly. A used one
    would be great to keep the cost down.
    Thank you
    Toby

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

The kill switches that come with these chinese kits dont last long. You can use a thumb shifter from an old mountain bike as a throttle. Universal kill switch buttons are available at power sports shops and will last much longer than those that are shipped with china girl motors.

3. tob4000

tob4000 New Member

Perhaps, I just got lucky, because my yellow kill switch button has worked
    great for the past 3 years of commuting. I also have left this same bike out
    at the bottom of my stairs for 2 winters of the three years riding it.
    To this day, if you just barely brush up against the switch, you hear the
    spark hesitate. I think it's just a matter of taking a look at the switch internals when you first buy them to make sure it's all working right. I feel the throttle and switch always seem to get a bad rap when for me, they work really well.
    Toby

4. tob4000

tob4000 New Member

Still looking, anyone have one they don't want? I need the little metal elbow with the locknut as well.
    Thx
    Toby

5. goodtime65

goodtime65 Member

the elbow and nut are part of the throttle cable

6. tob4000

tob4000 New Member

I custom size all of my cables. so this hasn't really been an issue for me. but thanks. I'm an ex bicycle mechanic. I used to work for Trek. so I don't really need all this great advice. I just need a throttle.

7. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

What happened to your throttle assembly?

8. CMP26

CMP26 New Member

Ill sell you a throttle

9. tob4000

tob4000 New Member

My throttle assembly still works great. I'm building up a chinese cargo trike and I have everything I need except for the throttle assembly.
    This will be my sixth build. I have a side job as an appliance installer for Sears, Home Depot, and Best Buy. This trike has a 250kg weight rating and runs turn of the century motorcycle size wheels and 10 gauge spokes. It'll only use 10% of the gas I normally use to do this job. :grin5: