need a throttle

The kill switches that come with these chinese kits dont last long. You can use a thumb shifter from an old mountain bike as a throttle. Universal kill switch buttons are available at power sports shops and will last much longer than those that are shipped with china girl motors.

Perhaps, I just got lucky, because my yellow kill switch button has worked
great for the past 3 years of commuting. I also have left this same bike out
at the bottom of my stairs for 2 winters of the three years riding it.
To this day, if you just barely brush up against the switch, you hear the
spark hesitate. I think it's just a matter of taking a look at the switch internals when you first buy them to make sure it's all working right. I feel the throttle and switch always seem to get a bad rap when for me, they work really well.
Toby

Still looking, anyone have one they don't want? I need the little metal elbow with the locknut as well.
Thx
Toby

I custom size all of my cables. so this hasn't really been an issue for me. but thanks. I'm an ex bicycle mechanic. I used to work for Trek. so I don't really need all this great advice. I just need a throttle.

My throttle assembly still works great. I'm building up a chinese cargo trike and I have everything I need except for the throttle assembly.
This will be my sixth build. I have a side job as an appliance installer for Sears, Home Depot, and Best Buy. This trike has a 250kg weight rating and runs turn of the century motorcycle size wheels and 10 gauge spokes. It'll only use 10% of the gas I normally use to do this job. :D

Back