need advice for starting a happy time without bump starting

E

eltatertoto

well, i want to sell my stingray to help pay for a bike. the only problem is before i put it up back in june, i ran over some glass when i was coming home AT THE END OF MY STREET NO LESS and by the time i got to my house it was almost flat. so being the lazy and impaitent person that i am i dont want to order a rear inntertube then install it. so i am pretty sure this is how the pull starts for these work but if i got an impact and put it on the magnito nut, couldnt i see if the bike runs that way? i just dont wanna sell her on ebay then have somone want a refund because they cant get it to run.

thanks alot

--tater

Starting an engine on the magneto nut will work, but when it starts, you might get the motor turning faster than the impact wrench and the back pressure against the wrench will drive it off the shaft. Been there, done that.
-Mike

thanks for the info, mike. it turns out my bike has awesome compression, and i stripped the shaft.... i had to re thread it.... not gonna try that again. but it wasnt stripped bad so there isnt a big chance of it breaking. thanks again

heres one of the pics i took

Last edited by a moderator:
You expect a noobie to buy a bike with a flat * rear * tire ? Good luck. I'd change the tire, less work that fixing a stripped bolt.
Don't want to sound mean, but fixing the tire, and adjusting the chains, would be expected, unless the bike is being sold off as a parts value

Working backwards (and looking from the left hand side of the bike) the rear wheel turns counter clockwise when moving forward and the rear wheel is connected to the rear sprocket and the rear sprocket turns with the wheel and the rear sprocket drives the chain which is connected to and turns the output shaft and the output shaft drives the clutch and gear assembly which then meshes with the crankshaft output gear.

Now which way does the crankshaft turn...

Back