Need Advice on engines

M

Member 5549

I want to build A bike using the Staton Outside drive. I can't decide on the engine??? Looking at the Robin, Honda, and mutsu.

I weight about 165 Wet, I plan on getting a good cheap M/B like a schwinn fron Target or Walmart.
From What I read the Honda and mitsu seem to be close in power ???
and the Robin about 30% less. Would the Robin be able to pull the bike from a stop without peddiling???
Thanks for any info!!!!

Seanhan, you could use a shave but that's another thread. If you gear anything low enough to pull from a standing start w/o frying the clutch, top end will be pretty low. Two or three strokes on the pedals is all that's needed.
Personally, I like the TLE43, very quiet with great power to weight ratio. In this area, I like two strokes.

Thanks !! I Like the TLE43 also I looks Like it has a much lower profile, The Honda 50cc kinda looks like someone carrying a refriderator on the back of the Bike !!!!!
Is it easy to get basic parts for the Mitsu engine.

Cool !! Well I think I will get the staton with the mitsu engine. Now to find a bike!!!!
Any Ideas , Looking for somthing Like a mountain bike or cruser .. I am wondering if it would be better to get one with street tires since 95% of my riding will be on paved roads. Would the ride be a Lot smoother then the mountain bike tires ???

I use the Mitsubishi, and am happy with it. If you're in a very hilly area, the Honda 50cc has much better torque for hill climbing, though, and is quieter.

The mitsu TLE43 is an awesome little engine. You'll love it. As far as bikes go I've been looking at this one as it's got good geometry for a staton rack, full suspension, front disc brake. I'm probably going to pick one up for my next build.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10088399
or
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8399259

If you're opposed to wallyworld at least check out the rear swingarm on both of these bikes to see what would work well with a staton install. You'll need the 8in extension brackets for rear swingarms of this type. Happy hunting!

Yea I Looked at those today.. I Like the Mongoose with the front disc brake
Are the disk brakes good (never used them on A bike) can you get pads for them??
The NEXT bikes look just like the mongoose.

MY FRIEND IF U WANT POWER UP HILLS AND TOP END ROLLED INTO ONE THEN GO THE JACKSHAFT SYSREM I JUST DONE ONE AND THEY R BULL**** SORRY THEY R THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD CHEERS CRAIG

Back