Need Advice (want to modify a MTB)

He could mount the channel 3 bolt holder just above the cross brace. Gives you more options to get it just right, especially straight and level when the roller is pressed right against the tire. Just moving it up or down a few mm gives you a lot of adjustment. Using that center cross member locks your adjustment options to only a twisting motion.

OOPS , some times I just chime in without reading all the posts. Sorry if I repeated something.

Ohh, I was totally under the impression I had to put the screw through that one hole. I will just mount it above now. Thanks.

Darwin, that's cool; I forgot to mention the importance of keeping it straight,
centered, and level across the tire. Sometimes one has to cut custom spacers to do that.

UPDATE 2**

Thanks everyone for the help. It's almost done. Turns out the two holes for the rods are metric 5m, so I had to buy different size bolts. Who knew how much is metric in the US? It's a lot easier than all the numbers 1.75, 3/16. 7/16, etc...

I just gotta connect the kill switch and mount the throttle. Is there any way I can expand the kill switch bracket? As of now, the only way it fits on the handle bars is upside down

pics

Wlnpl4J.jpghcR6xUT.jpgxa6F6pK.jpgAuOEnDq.jpg (i want to improve the kill switch to make it upright)

Hmm? You have the screw going down into the switch. Try taking it out'
inverting switch, and, with both tabs pointing straight down, run the screw thru
the holes, not into the bar. You may need a slightly longer screw, but a longer
screw is always more fun anyway.:whistle:

P.S. At some point, you might want to upgrade to a twist grip throttle;
I hate trigger throttles. You.re gonna have some real fun with that engine.

Last edited:
I was looking at the tire you're running in back. Dankoozy
made a good point about running a semi-slick tire. These
tires are more or less slick in the middle, knobbed at the edge.
More importantly, they have a flat profile that has more contact
with the roller than a tire with a curved profile. They run from
$10 to $50+. I run a Kenda Kross Plus 26" x 1.95", about $15 +shpg.
They all look something like this, but the only down side is that
they're known to break loose if one tries too radical a turn on wet
pavement. The Kenda has done a pretty good job of addressing
this with slight modifications.

Attachments

• product_353261.jpg
    product_353261.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 183
Hmm? You have the screw going down into the switch. Try taking it out'
inverting switch, and, with both tabs pointing straight down, run the screw thru
the holes, not into the bar. You may need a slightly longer screw, but a longer
screw is always more fun anyway.:whistle:
LOL. That's a good idea. I will try that, I may have to bend it though. If not, I will just ethopian engineer it with a zip tie.

P.S. At some point, you might want to upgrade to a twist grip throttle;
I hate trigger throttles. You.re gonna have some real fun with that engine.

The throttle is pretty awkward (with brakes and shifters already there) so I may change it. I'm kinda used to these cause I've ridden scooters for so long.

I thought a lot about the tires, and if this one sucks, I'll swap it. The treads are really close together, so it's not like a knobby tire.

Back