need carb. tuning help

rob johnson

Local time
7:07 PM
hi guy from panama city, so iam new to it all and in the same bike as yellow beard need carb. tuning imfo. please i have 1 built by other 48 skyhawk and 2 new builds by me having carb. problems by the way my exhaust smokes and seems to be getting to hot on both new builds. please help:bowdown::bowdown:

exaust smoke is to rich or to much oil what are you mixing it at it is suppose to be 8 oz per gallon thats what my break in manuel says try leaning carb a bit in turn will idle it down and when you idle it down start to add a little choke cause mine like a little choke to run deccent and it doesnt smoke except when it's real cold out by the way welcome to the forum

exaust smoke is to rich or to much oil what are you mixing it at it is suppose to be 8 oz per gallon thats what my break in manuel says try leaning carb a bit in turn will idle it down and when you idle it down start to add a little choke cause mine like a little choke to run deccent and it doesnt smoke except when it's real cold out by the way welcome to the forum

I think he is trying to say this:

Exhaust smoke is to rich, or to much oil. What are you mixing it at it? It is supposed to be 8 oz per gallon. Thats what my break in manual says. Try leaning carb a bit, in a turn will idle it down and when you idle it down, start to add a little choke. Mine likes a little choke to run decent and it doesn't smoke except when it's real cold out. By the way welcome to the forum!

thanks for the welcome and advice. i am mixing at 7oz per gal. of quicksilver marine pwc full synthetic 2-cycle oil hope its ok. heres a dumb question which way do i turn the air fuel mixture screw to lean it. by the way besides the smoke smells like its getting hot thanks again:cry:

Your just a bit short on recommended ratio but not enough to cause concern. I'm useing XPL $10 a quart, $25 a gallon. It's made for high stress 2 strokes like racing snowmobiles and watercraft.

Oh, it's in to lean it.

i just had a vision , the oil i use is made for personal water crafts i think they are water cooled engines. this may be bad for an air cooled. can anyone help. should i change oil:confused:

I think he is trying to say this:

i'm sorry stan i was never schooled correctly. I was stuck in a hill billy state where half of the people were kin in some way or another . So i never learned very much except deer hunting and moon shine.

i'm sorry stan i was never schooled correctly. I was stuck in a hill billy state where half of the people were kin in some way or another . So i never learned very much except deer hunting and moon shine.

LOL... From one redneck grad to another, just try is all we ask. It helps us and you by preventing misunderstandings.

i just had a vision , the oil i use is made for personal water crafts i think they are water cooled engines. this may be bad for an air cooled. can anyone help. should i change oil:confused:

It should not make a difference IMO. But I do not own a personal watercraft, so I am not familiar with the differences.

Back