Need HELP!! 2006 Whizzer

victoryanthems

Local time
7:57 PM
I have mostly Puch mopeds but this guy in my neighborhood brought over his whizzer and wondered if i could fix a few things on it for him. I didnt want to cause I have never dealt with one but he insisted. Adjust brakes, tighten this, move this but what I wanna know is about the decompression lever. Are they supposed to be engaged when you aren't pushing it? Are these not like mopeds where you can ride it like a bike and push the lever and start the motor? It is engaging the motor all the time unless you push the lever in. Any help appreciated.
Jamie

Are they supposed to be engaged when you aren't pushing it? Are these not like mopeds where you can ride it like a bike and push the lever and start the motor? It is engaging the motor all the time unless you push the lever in. Any help appreciated.
Jamie

Hi Jamie
You have to push the lever in to start. Hold the lever and pedal the bike then release the compression release and it should fire. Make sure the kill switch and key are on too. I have made that mistake many times.

Jim

Thanks, It will start but I guess what I am wondering is can you ride these like a bicycle without holding the lever in?

If you roll the belt off the rear sheave you can ride it like a regular bike. Holding the compression relief in will allow you to ride but it is very difficult.

Jim

Back