need help building first bike!!

christopher7127

Local time
4:36 AM
Hey guys I would like to know how to mount an engine onto a bike that I have. My budget is only about 50$ for the whole project. Need particular info associated with this particular bike. This is my first time so anything helps!! Thanks a bunch!!

Just wondering how do I post the picture?

Hey guys I would like to know how to mount an engine onto a bike that I have. My budget is only about 50$ for the whole project. Need particular info associated with this particular bike. This is my first time so anything helps!! Thanks a bunch!!

Just wondering how do I post the picture?

At the top left of the text window (when you reply to a post), click on the icon to the very left of the film strip. That will open the window to post pics.

What size/kind of bike are you installing the motor to?
Did you buy the motor as a kit or just the motor? The kit should have come with everything you nee IMG_20140722_140842.jpgFB_IMG_1413255836696.jpgd to mount and connect the motor (direct drive).
Pics of the motor would be helpful too...

You gotta be real creative to pull off doing anything for 50 bucks.
Look at the real old motorcycles and see how they converted the bicycle. Usually a rim attached to the back wheel acting as a pulley.

When I was a kid I made a minibike with a 3 hp engine on it- solid tires chain drive from belt.

My buddy made his onto a 26? inch bike frame with 20 inch wheels, he put a large sprocket onto the back wheel and a little one where the pedal crank was and a big pulley for belt drive from the motor, with an idler to engage the horse and a half motor.

Both of us went the same speed= he had way lower rolling resistance.

Back