Need Help Finding a Mountain Bike for my engine....

Local time
3:00 AM
Hey, Sup fellers? I need a little help finding a mountain bike to mount my motor. I have the motor and Sickbikeparts shifting kit already. The key here is that I want to find a bike no more that $200, and has large interior space in the frame to accommodate the engine. I found several bikes but worryed about how the downtube might be to big and cause a problem with engine mounting. What do you guys think the only bike I have here considering is this one http://www.rideonvehicles.com/Kawasaki-74026-9-KAW1010.html
or if the link doesnt open its a Kawasaki KX-26. WHat do you guys think? Is it good or based on the specs will it accommodate an engine. If you guys have some better ideas can you please give me some links, or names of bikes that I can get? I like to have alot of options. I tried the Target, and Toysrus next to me and they both have crappy bikes.

Terrible brakes,don't touch it.
Go for a secondhand recognised brand;Trek/Giant/Diamond Back/Kona,etc etc or pay more & get a Cannondale.
First though i would email SBP's & see if they recommend any particular bike brands with their kit.Getting that engine/shifter kit combination to work properly on any selected bike is important.

You might want to look for a nice used bike.

You will get much more for your money.

I was actually really like that Kawasaki I mentioned earlier, I planned to change out the brakes and replace the front fork? Does that sound like a good idea. Or still should i go looking for another bike? Its REALLY hard to find....lol. That Kawasaki seems like a pretty good choice but if u guys REALLY think I shouldnt get it then I wont...lol.

Your bike man,do what u think best for YOU.
Some ppl prefer new & in perfect condition,with a warranty...others prefer secondhand but relatively speaking better value $ for $.
If u don't know how to test a secondhand bike for value(or arn't interested) buy new.
If u are interested to test a secondhand bike for value simply ask.
Whatever the choice hope the build goes well. :)

Kawasaki looks ok -- come on get that thing

I was actually really like that Kawasaki I mentioned earlier

ok so I thought we should look into this a little more -- KAWASAKI

Kawasaki has put their name on this bike
they don't build it apparently but they do distribute it

a main point being -- Kawasaki has built very fine motorcycles
and other things for many many years
I would expect to find (( no major defects )) in their product or products

bottom line if it's what you like -- go with it

many here are saying that with a used bike you will get more for your money
((((( if ))))) you know what you are looking for and how to spot a good one
this is so very true -- note - ((( if ))) is a big qualifier

get it if you wish and ride the motor bike thing

So based on the design of the frame do you think its a good bike? I plan to change the shifters/brakes/Fork. I have some parts left over from last year I also build a motorized bike but since its winter here in NYC I took it apart, and decided to build a new and better one last year...

Back