Need help for deciding on personal bike

Any hardware store should carry extractor bits, also grab a bunch of 8.8 stainless bolts while you are there to replace all the chinesium bolts that come with the kit.

allen head socket bolts work best!and for the covers if you can find aluminium ones they will not seize due to dissimilar metals oxidizing and corrosion,the covers dont need to be fastened with high strength bolts there is no benefit.

Allens are the way to go. If you don't want to try the extractors, especially on the small mag cover bolts you can use a drill bit the same size as the screw. When you get through the head it will pop off, then you just remove the cover and remove the screws with a pair of pliers. The only reason I offer this approach is that the extractors are very brittle so if you are not use to using them you may break it off in the screw. They are super hard so once broken off further drilling becomes a nightmare.

Last edited:
Yes that works quite well also!Since I've been using the extractors and these one work so well compared to others that I've tried I will always recommend them because your assured to need them more than once !

I have seen those grab its advertised, and was wondering how well they worked. Now I know. Also they are a little diff. than a regular easy out so less chance of breaking. I'm gona have to get some.

I swear the best ones ever!Having the right size reverse drill and the matched extractor on one shank is perfect,I use them in a rigid electric impact driver and its flawless!

Back