Need my ride to last

Dmar

Local time
2:29 AM
I'm on my third bike and I'm still having the same issues. I'm destroying coaster brakes like a wrecking ball. Brand new bike I finished las night. On my way to work this morning no issues. On my way home for lunch and the coaster brake just pops and the back wheel is wobbling all over the place. I'm tired of replacing the coaster brake and back wheel everytime I ride it. What the hell should I do?

I'm on my third bike and I'm still having the same issues. I'm destroying coaster brakes like a wrecking ball. Brand new bike I finished las night. On my way to work this morning no issues. On my way home for lunch and the coaster brake just pops and the back wheel is wobbling all over the place. I'm tired of replacing the coaster brake and back wheel everytime I ride it. What the hell should I do?
Your wheel is just loosining up, it happens all the time for me....
You should be able to tighten up the cone for the hub.....

All things that happen when you use a coaster brake. That why I'm switching to a freewheel hub.

It would probably slow wear if you put a high temp grease in the hub.

Coasters are fine for regular bikes but aren't worth a crap on MB.... Good luck:)

I put high temp trucker grease in the hub. But it's the dust cover that gets chewed. Then it all just falls apart.

It's a huffy Cranbrook I had a different bike that didn't have a name. But the frame was too small.

The cranbrook hubs suck.... Plain and simple.

I've had good luck out of everything else on the bike EXCEPT the hubs

Probably the cheapest 'quality' frame for a MB but also you get what you pay for. They aren't perfect (I doubt any bike will be perfect for 80$) but they hold up.

Wheels are straight up trash, asking for trouble

I'm suprised there isn't anyone else saying coasters are trash TBH...:D

Coasters are trash! LOL :p

TBH IDK if we can even get them in this country.. They're probably banned. I have literally never seen one on any kind of bike IRL, even when I was a kid. I think I might have seen one in the movie BMX Bandits but that's it. So you operate it with your foot? What the hell? :eek:

The "ZOOM" (pretend suspension) fork for kids' 24" wheel bikes has a bolted-on arch brace with the V brake lugs attached.
This fork can be found at the dump or on eBay.
You can remove the arch brace, and as far as I can tell, you should be able to attach it to any bike's chainstays especially if they have a brace with central hole for a fender or crappy caliper brakes.
I would use a bolt through the centre and then a jubilee clip on each side. I think that would hold it as long as you don't try to do rollbacks LOL.
Then you can attach V brakes to any frame!
Hope this helps. I just spent ages looking at forks on eBay to find the one with the right brace and price, but Idk if you have this fake fork brand in the USA.

Back