Need side plate screw for Grube Skyhawk

Hoodoo

Local time
11:17 PM
I lost one of the two short screws on the external plate that goes over the chain sprocket. Can't find it for sale. Anyone know the size/pitch offhand. I heard Ace hardware has just about any screw but I just have not had the time to go look so I want to order online. kings doesn't show it in their parts.

Thanks.

if you get the Sick Bike Parts hardware kit, you can replace all those bolts with higher quality ones... it's what I did before I even mounted the engine:

Hardware kit

the kit is $10, which of course is more than buying just one bolt, but it is a good value if you did want to just replace them all

umm, take one of the other cover screws out, and take it to the hardware store with you to match it up. any good hardware store will have them.
get some better quality screws to replace the low quality ones that come on the engine.

umm, take one of the other cover screws out, and take it to the hardware store with you to match it up. any good hardware store will have them.
get some better quality screws to replace the low quality ones that come on the engine.

Thank you both. I have had a hard time matching the screw at a couple of hardware stores, no ACE in my area but I will keep trying. I think I will go with the Kit red baron mentioned.

AL

Home Depot or Lowe's both have a good selection of metric fasteners. The size you need as mentioned above is correct.... (6mmx1.0), I even make my own.

Back