Need some help with my motorized bike! :P

S

somethingswrong

Hey, I'm really new to this website, I actually literally just started because I need some help, I have a pk80 bike motor I got online, and I'm having some problems with it right now, I can give any pictures needed or anything ( you just have to be kind of specific of where it is because this is my very first build and I don't know much about it :p ) but what had happened was when i put it together, the kill switch wasn't working so I had cut it ( dont know if this caused the problem ) but today its been working perfectly, and since I got it, the gas has had quite a bit of leak, but I don't think it's a gas problem, when you pull the clutch lever you can hear the motor, but it's not like getting a spark? It's not giving it any pull or firing up, I think it may be the spark plug or the cdi coil but im not entirley sure, I could've also flooded it but I wouldn't know how to tell.

Sorry for writing so much x.x but all the help is appreciated! thank you :p

Im not the best with motorised pushbikes myself, i mean i know enough on how to put them together and a little extra but its a bit limited when it comes to problems anyway my best bet would have to be a new spark plug a good one would have to be a NGK there are pretty good and for the gas leak- Did you put some plumers tape around the Fuel tap (around the part where it screws in to the fuel tank?) If so then it could be the fuel line or even the carbe

No, I didn't use any tape at all, I just attatched the fuel line to the tank and to the carb and I think it leaks from the air filter, but it's a slow overtime and it stops when I turn the fuel off so it doesn't go there anymore. But do you know where Ican get an NGK spark plug and for how much?

Well i live in australia and for me i go to supercheap auto And repco but with you living in kentucky weather google is wright or wrong about where lexington is. i dont know about if those stores are over in america. What ever store you try always take in your old spark plug cause they can match it up Properly. Even some motorbike shops will be good

And the price would be depending on what model of NGK spark you would need The range is 5-15 aus dollars

My wiring is fine, It's just not getting a spark and thank you BAZZ :) I'll go somewhere like autozone or something and see if they have any

I can give any pictures needed or anything ( you just have to be kind of specific of where it is because this is my very first build and I don't know much about it :p ) but what had happened was when i put it together, the kill switch wasn't working so I had cut it ( dont know if this caused the problem )

That's cool you seem to know more then the rest of us do.
Good luck with getting it running.

Back