Need some small help in OC CA

JunkHead

Local time
10:12 AM
Almost done with my bike I need some help rewiring the harness to the new frame and tuning. Will pay up to 150

Attachments

• 2011-11-10 16.30.18.jpg
    2011-11-10 16.30.18.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 2011-09-23 15.38.39.jpg
    2011-09-23 15.38.39.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 221
Good luck with that!
what the **** are all of those wires for?
is that an engine from a motorcycle /scooter / moped that had lights, turn signals, horn and all that stuff?

Why don't you try to DIY? Don't you have any savvy friends?

If you can do the hard mechanical/installation part, electrical repairs aren't that mysterious or difficult. Firstly, get a good manual on your Honda engine and an inexpensive electrical volt/ohm/meter. Secondly, separate the engine wiring from everything else. Then separate the lighting from everything else. Then separate the turn signals from everything else. Tag all wires, take pictures and take notes.

Looks like a $1,000 repair bill from the electrical shop, but you can do it for less than $50.

You can do it; you have nothing to lose. Just don't cut or shorten any wires until you get each system working.

Can you get a schematic for the motor ? That is a lot of wire !

Lights and such must be part of that circuit I used to nail wiring to a
board, untape everything, and start at the battery connectors. I'd hook up a
single flashlight battery, and use a bulb and jumper to figure out what went where. Price tags with strings make great wiring markers.

Is the engine a Battery powered ignition, or a magneto ? That's a huge question, especially when it comes to hooking up the kill button.

its a honda scooter...so try a forum board that deals with honda scooters. google is your friend :) get engine number, search it. how easy :)

now its a honda motorised bicycle, which, not being factory built, is very hard to find info on :) very rare, these are...

usually all you need is the "black box" or cdi unit, the coil...and the correct wires...all 3 of them!

should be only 5 wires from the motor... maybe 6.

Back