need speed

Can anyone reccomend an idea to get a little more speed out of my elcheapo 80cc? It goes about 30mph as is. Would like to hit 40 at least. Also best site for replacement parts? Thanks.

A good place to start is a speed carb, its 20 bucks nd if you want a little more top end try and find a banna expansion chamber. Bikeberry is always cheap nd their customer support is awesome, try them

You really need to do alot to these engines to make them breath fire, ive got a racing 66cc motor and it goes mid 50s but ive also got about 1000$ invested in just in the engine internals, carb, and exhaust. I couldve got a motorcycle but didnt haha i love 2 strokes

And p.s. its a 66cc the chinese call them 80s as a marketing ploy, there is only a 47mm piston and i forget the bore, i think its 38mm if i remember.
but anyways multiply the 2 and you get 66cc not 80 as the chinese claim

click on my signature link to find out about all the best mods you can do to it

It really depends on if you've done anything to your "el-cheapo" so far.

If you haven't done anything... you can get a better carb, expansion chamber exhaust, replace your intake and exhaust manifolds and re-bore your reciprocal jug ports to match,
replace your jug head with a high compression milled or cast cylinder head (crmachine or puch are good options), get your crankshaft balanced, replace your billet rod, etc, etc
(Yes, there is actually more, much more)

Now, I haven't owned any of these, BUT, if you really want to squeeze out everything you can from these, expect to pay for it unless you can fabricate / modify some of the parts yourself...

That being said, there are TONS of parts out there and documentation on the aforementioned.

Alternatively, you could purchase a different motor....

Maybe the best question is, what specifically are you trying to accomplish, and how much are you willing to spend to achieve that?

I've had great luck port matching the muffler and intake, trimming the piston skirt, upgrading ignition (plug & wire), hi flow air filter and jetting the carb. Remember, 40mph if really fast for a bike. The faster you go the faster things brake and the more maintenance will be required. You can always buy a Chinese 150cc scooter for a few hundred bucks, they cruise 40-50mph all day long.

Back