Need To Make It Quiet As Possiable. Ny State .. Please Read And Help

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by thine82, Nov 28, 2010.

1. thine82

thine82 Member

I need all of you gurus help on what to do for effective quietness.. all suggestions more then welcome.

2. spad4me

spad4me Member

Two stroke with a tuned chamber???
    Four stroke 33 cc subaru with a stock muffler.
    What kind of engine are you talking about.
    I use a custom muffler to quiet the first.
  3. thine82

thine82 Member

i have a silverhorse 66cc.. supposed to be the 80cc from bike unsure i think it is a two stroke.. once up and once and man i gotta always remember the 22 to 1 oil ratio is the gas
  4. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

you don't even know of you have a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke?
    if you want maximum quiet, remove the engine from the frame.

5. professor

professor Active Member

There are 3 main sources of noise- intake roar, exhaust and primary gears. Do a search here, I think the solutions are covered well. You make a inner cover on the clutch cover to dampen sound there, maybe an added muffler onto the one you have and you make a snorkel/ sound box for the intake.
    I bought a basket case moped for the paperwork, put the headlight on my bike from it, added stop and tail light and licensed it as said moped. Oh yeah, I stamped the numbers on the frame. Problem solved.
    The engine is covered because I like to pedal slowly on the sidewalk at times (no problem where I live) and the engine is very quiet.
    Where is K town?
  6. hurricane

hurricane Member

Now that is funny, i dont care who ya are :grin5:

you have a 2 stroke, if you need to add oil to gas it is 2 stroke engine.
  7. thine82

thine82 Member

it is a two stroke and i need to make it quiet.. i forgot cuz i was so tired guys... please list ways you guys have made to make them quiet and about how far away you can hear them from also if you know... thanks alot.:idea:
  8. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

there is no way to really make it silent, you will always have some exhaust noise no matter how many mufflers you put on it.
    if you want supreme quiet, you need to go with an electric motor.
  9. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

do like was suggested get a wrecked moped and licence yours a the wrecked one and stamp the vin #on it and go ride or just get your motorcycle licences and buy a real motorcyle problem solved ny has it all loop hole free you get caught you pay the piper that simple dont fite something when theres nothing to fite no motor powered bicycles thats what they mean i fly radio controlled airplanes and the faa is trying to stop us from flying when the law is approved it will be illegal if it can be fought we'll fite if not we wont
  10. thine82

thine82 Member

i am not allowed to drive right now and that means i can not go to dmv and get any kind of anything.. so i just need to make it quiet...
  11. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

I'm in support of those who have said to go electric, just because it's obvious based on what I've seen that to NY a gas motor bicycle is a vehicle that needs registered, insured and licensed. It's not that NY doesn't like the idea of the motored bike, it's that they have regulations for it.

You may as well ask us how to drive a car without plates, it's really about in the same boat.

Here's my suggestion, which has an entirely legal answer, which will also be my last post in this thread. I can't speak for anyone else, but there's nothing more I can say that wouldn't at least be morally wrong.

12. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Do ask Pro said with the clutch and stuff the muffler (loosely) with steel wool. Set the idol low and you'll be amazed how quiet till you get into it!
  13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Hi thine82

Send me a PM and i'll send you web links for making your 2-stroke engine significantly quieter; both on the exhaust but especially the intake.