Need wiring diagram for Whizzer Bi-Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxGlide

Local time
8:02 PM
Hello to all!,

Would anyone out there have a diagram of how to wire a Hall-Detroit Bi-lite like the ones that were sold with the Whizzers?

Thanks..... Wayne

Figured it out I think...

Well I figure since the generator only has one wire coming out of it that this is the hot wire and I simply connect these to all the lights and they ground thru the frame.

Does this sound right?

Wayne

Generator Wiring

Hi Max, I did not answer your query since I have never seen that exact generator, BUT if it only has one wire that indeed is the positive output and the ground of the generator case will be the negative.

This being said, be sure that you have good connection between the negative (return path from the lights) and the body of the generator, and then the whole bike will indeed be your ground system.

Mike

Return Ground?

I am almost ready to wire up the Hall generator to the headlight and tail light. Now you say to " have a good connection between the negative (return path from the lights) and the body of the generator"

The generator will be bolted to engine therefore metal on metal. The wires will all go directly to the lights and the respective lights will need to have a good connection to metal. I.E. I will have to make sure the head light, when bolted to the frame, has no paint between the light and frame. And the same for the tail light (I also have rocket lights to hook up).

Is this all I have to worry about?

Thanks.... Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I'm also planning to install a Hall setup on the Whizzer I'm restoring. Given that the primary mounting of the engine to the frame of the bike is through rubber mountings, I'm planning to run a ground wire from each light at least to the engine. At a minimum, you should consider a "ground strap" of sorts; simply a jumper between the engine crankcase (or cylinder) and bike frame.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back