Never trust anything

dougsr.874

Local time
1:42 PM
Had a MB in today with no spark...replaced mag-coil, CDI, and installed a new NGK B8 sparkplug , still no spark....mag & CDI checked good...finally I installed an old used China plug & problem solved.....Point being : I thought that NGK plugs were the best, and trustworthy...well that's not always true.

if I think there's no spark, I never even test anything until I've held plug in hand and spun the motor

Been there done that! Had a 68 Plymouth, after a tune-up car started running like crap, timing belt skipped a tooth or stretched they said... Replace that, looked good but what the hey, already apart put new parts in. Bolt it all together, still crappy, finally take it to someone with an 'engine analyzer' to find out it's misfiring on all cylinders... Replaced brand new Champions with Autolites and BAM! car is back to normal... That was an expensive week, but I learned a lot...

On a lot of forums dealer techs say champions and bosch plugs will affect engine performance, they recommend OEM plugs only.

Heard so many bad things about champion plugs, as a kid i thought they were cool.
Also heared a lot of probs. with stock plug, but i've never had an issue. Will try an ngk one day, but u have to get the right temperaure. There is a post with a gr8 link to plug reading in the noob thread.

Back