Never Use Fed of busted-up motor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by spunout, Sep 4, 2007.

1. spunout

spunout Member

For God's sakes...just when you think a guy could gain just a little ground. Showed up today, after an entire week of it having been lost in the Fed Ex shuffle.

Attached Files:

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

man, that's the worst i've seen...are you gonna be able to make any claim?
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

dude....they kicked the carp outta that!!
  4. spunout

spunout Member

:evil:Yes, i can make a claim. i had the foresight to make the driver wait until i opened the box. he said he wasnt allowed to take it with him, but they're coming tomorrow to pick it up and make a damage report.
    i sent the pics to (vendor name here) and told him i never want to see that motor again. i'll give him just ONE MORE chance to make this deal right with me, before i go public. since day 1, the motor turned out NOT to be a 70cc, but rather a 48cc that hasnt run yet because of sucking air from everywhere.
  5. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Words can't express how lame that is. I hope it works out fo you in the end.

When I ship things I always insure it for double the cost just in case something like that happens.

6. wayde

wayde Guest

when i got my motor the spark plug was not in it aswell as the mounting studs I had to put them in the box was banged up but nothing broken (UPS)
  7. OldPete

OldPete Guest

That is insane!!
  8. azbill

azbill Active Member

oh man !!!
    that took some heavy abuse
    and it didn't even travel very far !!!
    let us know if you get straightened out by this guy !
  9. Atriot

Atriot Guest

Wow... do you have a pic of the box it came in?
  10. Wow...That is crazy bad handling!....I thought the old Samsonite luggage commercial with the gorilla was bad...I wonder how that did that to the engine?...I mean so many things bent up and fins broken to
  11. Wow that is ridiculous. I got my motor in a nice box full of bubble wrap from Dax. no problems, but it was UPS Not FEDEX.
  12. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

wow that IS really bad looks like it was drug behind the truck not shiped in a box i hope it works out for you and im sure it will
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  13. spunout

spunout Member

yeah, got it taken care of. dude showed up yesterday with new parts, i threw them on the bike and fired it up. runs pretty well, actually.
    ok....another nightmare down. NEXT!
  14. rcjunkie

rcjunkie Guest

I wouldn't necessarily blame FEDEX. It is possible that is the condition it was shipped from the vendor and the shipping damage occured from China.

The head looks like a new head I got from a vendor...shipped busted up.
  15. spunout

spunout Member

no, it only had to travel 80miles, and heather's packing job was excellent....the box went to Naco first, got lost for awhile, and then to here. the box was mangled. it was fed-ex.
  16. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

wasn't gonna say...but another seller had to start using "fragile" stickers because i reported consistent damage to fins in different kits to different addresses thru fedex. even with great packing, the block is heavy and can't be tossed around too casually.
  17. spunout

spunout Member

18. spunout

spunout Member

These are pics from a customer in IL. the front fork dropout busted off, and LOOK at the dent in the tank. sweet.
    i sent the guy a new-ish enough tank and upgraded him to black springers, because i'm not really sure what it would take to get replacement forks from the factory. i imagine quite a nightmare.

has anyone ever completed a claim with fedex or ups, or whatever? i figure i'll just take the $40 loss to not have to deal w/ the hassles.

knowing fedex has priors for this kind of damage, i cant believe i gave them another chance.

EDIT: the box was well-packed, and plenty of FRAGILE and THIS END UP stickers on all sides.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  19. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

holy carp!!! looks like they kicked its arse!!
  20. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

COMPLAIN....u don't have to follow it through to it's final conclusion,but if ppl don't complain nothing ever gets done.