New 212 Predator Build - Supermoto

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by movemachine, Apr 30, 2013.

1. movemachine

movemachine New Member

Hi guys,

I'm brand new to this forum, but have looked at many of your creations over the last few months. Very inspiring! I've built 3 motorized bikes, each successive design growing in refinement. I'm having a lot of fun building these machines! Tell me what you think of my newest creation, it hauls ass!

Sam Benavidez

IMG_4784.jpg IMG_4790.jpg

ElGordo67 likes this.

2. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

where are the pedals to make it a bicycle?

3. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Great design and looks fantastic. I assume that is your own frame design?

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

4. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

intended use?
    racer/street/fun?

5. movemachine

movemachine New Member

BigBlue - Thanks! Yes, I designed and fabricated the frame/drivetrain. This is my third build, and each design gets better and simpler and cheaper to make. I tried to create as efficient a drive as possible. No chain tensioners. I always loved the exposed trellis frames of Ducati...

IbedaYank - I'm considering putting pedals on the ends of the jackshaft to make it officially a bicycle :) Since its a 212cc, it's not really meant for roads, so I haven't put pedals on it yet. It really is a blast to ride, I'm having a ton of fun on it. I may try it in a race, so I'll need to get those pedals on!

Thanks for the feedback.

Sam

6. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Sam,

any possible frame sales in the future? I have a compact, high horsepower, air-cooled 2 stroker that would be great for that frame. Of course, it would be an off-road vehicle;)

I don't want to set you up by having you violate any forum rules, so just a simple reply would be fine.

Thanks,

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

7. movemachine

movemachine New Member

BigBlue - I can help you.

8. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

nice job on the frame and use of the heim joints

9. professor

professor Active Member

That is a really slick design- utilizing the engine shape.
    What are you using for the drive side? Are the back tubes to the rear wheel tied together?

10. movemachine

movemachine New Member

professor - Thanks! I tried to skin the frame around the motor, maintain the stock gas tank location, and to centralize the mass of the bike. Those predator/honda clone motors are sweet to look at stock, and I wanted maximum reliability, so I conceived this design to allow anyone to pop this motor in without much fuss... These motors are so cheap, if one failed you could swap a new one in ten minutes.

11. movemachine

movemachine New Member

professor - On the drive side is a centrifugal clutch with chain to the jackshaft, all under a protective cover. A torque converter setup could easily be used also, Yes, the back tubes are tied together with a tube that the shock/damper presses on. From a top view its a "H" shape.

Attached Files:

12. professor

professor Active Member

Thanks Mr. movemachine. Check those nice welds!
    Looks like you have off road gearing. How do you like it?

I had been using about 7.5 to one on my predator bike.
    Now, with the gear hub installed,that becomes the second gear ratio.

I have thought about a T.C. often, but the downside to me, is they make an already wide engine even wider, they are somewhat expensive and I like to be able to coast/ pedal.

13. Racie35

Racie35 Member

My TC on my ambassador is narrower then what comes on one stock....doesn't add any More width the a centrifical clutch really....and I'm using the 212

14. Keep It Kumin Kid

Keep It Kumin Kid New Member

Top Speed

AWESOME. I just purchased the SAME motor and was going to do the same thing as far as the OCC rear goes. Some quick questions. Whats the top speed of this setup and Sprocket teeth amount? Very clean looking build. Im looking at rebuilding my 3 wheel bike frame and I LOVE everything about that suspension design and tubing!

15. astrowrench

astrowrench New Member

Need to Speak

Movemachine;Good day; we need to speak as a 58 yr.old builder of Predator motors presently have one on a cruiser frame,we defiantly need to speak I think I may be of some assistance to you and viceversa.Sam please contact me.
    Thank You Dave W aka. astrowrench
    :thinking: :idea:

16. movemachine

movemachine New Member

Professor- the gearing is actually set for speed. It'll top out near 55. It's so much fun to ride. After modifying my clutch it slips nice to about 25 then locks down. I need to count the sprocket teeth to figure exact ratio...

17. movemachine

movemachine New Member

Keep it Kumin kid - thanks for the words, yea these predator motors are sweet, inspiring me to build all kinds of stuff. I tops out near 55, still need to do a tooth count...