New 49cc Build in South Dakota

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by KTOKTO, Sep 23, 2016.

1. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

I got the urge to build something this winter so here's a few pictures of what I got done this week. I've got most of my parts ordered with the exception of wheels and cranks. I will post more as soon as I get more parts in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016

2. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

I got a few more parts in and am testing out my nawwsss bro...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

Messing around with the vinyl cuter tonight testing some ideas to break up all the white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

I got the crank and brake parts in. V brake and coaster in the rear, disc in the front. Unfortunately, the rims and spokes are literally on the slow boat from China or I would be able to rock and roll this weekend. No worries, I think I will get it rolling with a little time to spare before the snow flies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

johnincali likes this.
  5. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

Getting the bike stuff done today. The bottom bracket and headset is ready to go.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  6. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

Wheel building day. Deore M525 front hub, sun rhynolite xl double wall wheels, black 13G spokes with silver nipples.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also messing with the vinyl cutter a bit more.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  7. Imthegrt1

Imthegrt1 Member

wow the sticker makes the bike.
    got a good look there going

8. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

I don't think that 3" wide Maxis tire will fit in your knock-off frame.
    When Don (Grubee) made his last batch of GT2 gas tank frames we had him make it a little wider and add a disc brake mount.

[​IMG]

You have to let the air out of the rear wheel to get it past the V-brake bosses but the 3" wide Kenda Flame tire just fits.

I don't know for sure, I don't use knock-offs, but it looks that way to me so I would check that as soon as you get chance or your plans for fat tires may be dashed.

Otherwise COOL!
    That is sweet you can make your own stickers at will, I could really benefit from a tool like that.

I hope it fits as it is a sweet looking build so far ;-}

9. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated. I am still waiting on spokes but I think it should fit. The hookworm tire I got is listed as 26 x 2.5". Here is a picture with a 1.95 knobby. I have about 1/2" clearance on both sides. If not, I'll figure something out.

[​IMG]

10. KCvale

Ya, 2.5" should fit easy and those Hookworm tires are nice.
    Looks like you are on your way to a cool build ;-}

11. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

Dual led headlights mounted to the fork.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  12. KCvale

Cool mounting place, they look good.

13. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

I got the rear wheel loosely laced together. Time to true the wheels and mount the tires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  14. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

Got the bike stuff done today and took it for a little spin. It is surprisingly comfortable to puts around on and easy to ride. Now on to the gas parts. Within four blocks I had a bunch of kids yell "COOL" and a couple guys who passed me yelled and gave a thumbs up so it must look pretty cool going down the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Are you doing any improvements to the engine?

16. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

I have been slowly reading through your page. I was thinking about using your ignition box, sanding the head / cylinder mating surface and cleaning up the casting on the ports. That's all I was thinking for now. I was thinking of adding a boost bottle painted and decaled like a NOS nitrous bottle for looks.

However, I am not averse to a new head, carb etc too. I just haven't done all my research yet. I am thinking about keeping this one simple and then build a hot rod motor per your instructions this winter.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  17. KCvale

Nice looking tribute to the Buell Motorcycle Co. 15th anniversary of closing (10/30/2009)
    http://www.buell.com/content/buell/en_US/home.html

White has a really cool look for a bike, but man what a pain in the butt to keep clean, especially with 2 drive chains and an oily exhaust...

Have you decided on an exhaust yet?
    I suggest that whatever it is, it exits the back and not on your bike ;-}

18. Randall

Randall Member

This thread would not be complete without:

19. Randall

Randall Member

Where did you get your light set at? Very cool.

20. KTOKTO

KTOKTO Active Member

On ebay. $3.25 a piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-Bicyc...694780?hash=item2ef6000fbc:g:RjgAAOSwlfxXFbyo

You can see them coming from a mile away and two of them throw a fair amount of light for what they are.

White will be fine. I've have good luck with this stuff many a year at car shows.

[​IMG]

A little of this on a rag will clean and shine it right up.

As far as the exhaust, I am planning on bending my own and having a rocket bike style of scooter muffler exit near the rear tire.

I pedaled around town and made sure tuning everything in and all seems to be rock solid. I'll hit some speed on some hills tomorrow and push it a little bit.

[​IMG]

2 stroke ray likes this.