New and in need of help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jerchabot, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Jerchabot

Jerchabot New Member

Hi everyone I'm from south carolina. Recently my car broke down and is unable to be fixed without spending a large sum of money, after just spending 800 dollars on it about a month ago for repairs, that is not an option. I came here in hopes of getting some help with the motorized bike world.
    Looking for something to commute about 5 miles to work on a road with a speed limit of 45. Preferably a kit that doesnt break the bank and could reach a speed of 40 mph.I'm pretty broke at the moment so a motorized bike seems like a good option. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Welcome..If you want to attain 45mph..I believe a bicycle is not going to be it. Bicycles are not designed for that. I wouldn't want to ride ANY bicycle with a engine going that fast.
  3. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Al's right. Uno, what I would do is find a smaller-street trail motorcycle.........45 mph is just a bit much for china land.
  4. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman New Member

I'm not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods but in California mb is legally allowed to go a max of 30 mph and it is still classified
    As a mb. If it is caught going faster by the police, and depending on the officer, there's a chance it could get impounded.