New Aussie Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by I wanna Rotary bike, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Hi everyone, Im very new to the motorised bike scene, I saw my first bike last week and was truely impressed. So I bought my first motor off ZBox australia the same week, I went with the 66cc model.
    Im in the process off fitting it all up at the moment. And looking forward to getting some good tips of this forum.

Anyway, enough for my first post, Ive got to start looking for some hints and tips so I can get this thing working (I cant wait to start riding)

Cheers
    Leigh

2. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Hello from a Kiwi

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn new things and everyone is pretty friendly.

3. Hi there

it's a good site for info, check out the exhaust baffle modification tips

4. Hi FullySicAussieAussyAussy!, yep ive already done that. It was one of the first things I looked up. I think I will start with drilling a few holes. When that gets boring I will move onto the cut off pipe version. Before I do anything I plan on port matching the exhaust and intake. I would really like to make up a new intake pipe as the one that comes with the kit leaves a bit to be desired.
    Im aslo sorting out a better mounting clamp for the front engine mount as I have a 36mm front tube. I have purchased a "STAUFF" Hydraulic tube clamp (do a google search) It is a polypropalene clamp with metal flanges each side. If it works I will post up some pix.

Im a bit delayed with my build at the moment, I found a crack in the casting of the front motor mount yesterday, It is brand new and hasnt been put on my bike yet. I sent an email off to Warren (ZBox) tonight with a pic of the crack. Im waiting on his reply.

Anyway
    Laters
    Leigh

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

6. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc

7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBC.

8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to MBc Worldwide.

9. noah

noah Guest

Welcome!

10. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the MBc tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!

11. Cheers for the welcome guys and gals.

I heard back from Warren this morning (re the crack), he has left it up to me wether I send it back straight away or wait untill I have problems with it.
    I think I will send it back later on today. It means I will be with out it for a week or so. But at least I know it will be safe.
    After seaching though this site for 4 hours last night and another 3+ hours this morning, Ive seen some of the things that can go wrong (snapped frames locked up motors etc) I think its better to be safe that sorry.

Anyway love the site, Ive learned a massive amount in 1 day, and looking forward to implementing lots of upgrades.

Cheers
    Leigh

12. djase10

djase10 Guest