NEW-B from Des Moines, Iowa.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by painkiller, Jun 2, 2008.

1. painkiller

painkiller New Member

Hi, I just got started into the hobby with the purchase of a BGF 80cc motor kit. It is installed on a 17y.o. Schwinn 6speed Cruizer that I bought new. It also has an A/M springer front on it. So far so good, I love riding this thing! I have a great old skool H-D chopper but I find myself wanting to ride the bike more than the chopper! By the way, my name is John :)

2. loquin

loquin Active Member

Hi John. Welcome aboard.

3. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Hello John!, from Davenport, Iowa. There are a few members here from Iowa already. These bikes really are alot of fun to putt around on. If you like choppers, check out the 2 I built over in the picture gallery. We have been having a blast on these since the snow finally melted. A few of the Harley guys really like em too. Seems like once you ride, you kinda get hooked. Have fun! John from Davenport, Iowa

4. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

John, We like pictures!!

5. painkiller

painkiller New Member

Well, here is my chopper, I will try and get the bicycle pics up later today :)

Attached Files:

6. painkiller

painkiller New Member

here are photos of my bike

Attached Files:

7. painkiller

painkiller New Member

I have taken the fenders off because the back one rattled like crazy around 25 mph and I could not get it to quit. I have also lowered the seat so it is more like riding a motorcycle. I have also added a speedo and a light.

8. crabdance

crabdance Member

Nice bike John.. and welcome to the forum

9. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi John. Welcome to MBc!
    Great cruiser!
    If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

10. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Nice!
    Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!