New Belgium Fat Tire Cruiser

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by cwucat42, Nov 7, 2009.

1. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

I plan to motorize this bike. I think it will be pretty cool when completed. The motor is on order. I'll keep you posted with pics.

Attached Files:

2. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

did you win that?

3. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

I didn't win it-I bought it on Craigslist.

4. scottyo

scottyo Member

New Belgium beer is my favorite but they dont distribute in Mass!

5. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

i entered the contest to win almost every day .just woundering .they gave away one a day for like three months.nice bike

6. jtmiyake

jtmiyake Member

I saw that bike on Craig's List. Did you buy from Portland?

7. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

Fat Tire

No, this isn't the one from Portland. I bought this one in Seattle.

8. scottyo

scottyo Member

Electra has a bike just like this that is really cool too. I think its called the indie.

9. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Look forward to seeing that one with a motor.

10. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

Fat Tire Cruiser

That Electra Indy is pretty cool. I wanted to build a single speed bike with a coaster brake. I really want to keep the chain guard, but it is over-sized and I'm afraid the engine will hit it. The bike doesn't look as good without it. When I get the engine (Hopefully today) I'll test it for fit.

Originally, I was going to used the 2008 or 2009 Schwinn SS Sport. If you haven't seen one-check it out on line. It has the older styling and cool red tires with struts on the forks. I'll keep you posted.

11. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

I've mounted the engine

I received the engine today. I have it mounted securely to the frame. I had to remove the chain guard. I didn't see any easy way to make it fit. More to come.

Attached Files:

12. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

Fat Tire Cruiser

I am planning to use an old workman's metal lunchbox as the gas tank. I'll mount it on the rear rack and put a plastic gas tank inside. Since this bike already has a tank-I thought that would be a cool alternative. I've ordered it from ebay. I'll post more pics as the bike progresses.

13. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

Fat Tire Bike

Here's my gas tank set up. I plan to attach it to the rear rack.

Attached Files:

14. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Nice bike....I like the whole look. That lunch box idea is great. May have to shamelessly steal the idea from you for stealth. Or maybe a briefcase.....:thinking:

Denny

15. Very cool bike CWU!

I'm REALLY diggin the front headlight!

16. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

New Belgium update

Here is a picture of the bike currently. I'm waiting for the pedal side rear sprocket before I can install both chains. I am happy to say that I was able to modify the chain guard to make it work. It should be here Friday.

Attached Files:

17. CWU,

Looks great! BTW-I am in LOVE with that headlight!!!!!

18. I'd be interested to see how you modified your chain guard so that it fit under the engine. I'm sure others might have the same problem.

19. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

Fat Tire Cruiser

All I needed to do was cut of a small portion of the chain guard bracket, and drill a new hole for the screw which lowered it enough to allow for fit.

20. professor

professor Active Member

That lunchbox is a great idea!