new board

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by beast775, Jul 28, 2007.

1. beast775

beast775 Guest

i like it so far other than not being able to log in.anyone else have this?i had to get a new password and then change it back,well good luck with the new board hope it goes well!can i change the background to black:cool:

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

because of other processor-intensive features, we're limiting the diplay to default for now...that may change later but it's unlikely.

any problems with logon since the password change?

3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I gotta admit, I'm not real nuts about the new thing.
    My avatar and all that is gone and i can't access my profile to re-do it. Having trouble posting, and the added features make it more confusing.
    I'll keep trying, and probably get used to it, but right now it's a pain in the backside...

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

user CP is what you want, if you're logged on you can access it.

5. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Can you put the sponsor links (that are on the left hand side of the page) on the bottom of the threads? Other than that, cool!

Dan

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

can't do it...side columns worked best for us. hope y'all can get used to that.

i should mention that the side column and the top google ads are still in evaluation stage, maybe a change later, maybe not.

7. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Okay I'm gettin' it. Still a bit not used to it, but getting there...

8. Tom

Tom Active Member

Thanks for hanging in there guys. Once we get all settled in, this new system will work out much better than the last.

9. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Are you sure it can't be moved? It's REALLY annoying. On the other message board I visit that is run with the same software, they moved it to the bottom and it's much better.

Dan

10. mefonz

mefonz Guest

Looks good so far, faster, now just need to get used to it :)

11. beast775

beast775 Guest

login

when i first checked the board i couldnt use my old user pass ,i even rebooted and everything,but after changing my password i got in,might have been my side but i doubt it?ive logged in hundreds of times before hhhmmm.so i changed back to my old password and its fine now,they gave me a number id never be able to remember that.this forum was used for ducati riders and i remember changing the colour ,ill wait i think its gonna work out well it seems faster now.

12. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

doin' better now except for some sort of automatic censoring... it took the word "scrape" and made it say "s****e", and "******e" to say "******e"
    ???
    Wierd...

13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i'm not too happy with our new censoring options....we have to pick words one by one as they appear and go in and fix it...i already fixed "scrape" but i have no idea what that other one is...

if anyone finds something i should be tweaking, please email me the item...

augidog@motoredbikes.com

dan...the ad plugin we applied is about columns, left or right...but your feedback is important, so please hang in, ok?

14. Tom

Tom Active Member

It can be moved. But we are going to test different things and see which way works the best.

The reason there are a few more ads is I am trying to make the board bigger and better - such as providing a variety of free stickers rather than one size, hopefully placing an order of t-shirts/caps to send out to winners of competitions for free, etc.

Why is it so annyoing on the left? Are you getting a scrollbar on the bottom of the screen?

15. Tom

Tom Active Member

I do have several different configurations that I am going to be testing out. I just need to have each one in place for a week or two to gather a large enough sample.

Is anyone else really annoyed by the ads on the left?

16. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Why not move the column of ads to the right?

Then scrolling with the bar at the bottom is "Optional", many of us never buy over the internet anyway.

Being on the left, makes scrolling "Mandatory", everydurntime you click a page.

Just a small adjustment, but the ads could then stay the same size, but be out of the way for the folks just interested in the discussions.

17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

noted.

i've been working with our display settings, and "optimising" for best viewing at 1024 X 768...

the thumbnails have eliminated any scrolling caused by pics (at the above resolution)...

please take a while and see if you get used to things? we have a lot to consider as we make these moves, such as any future developments that may call for an official sponsors column...it would be best, imo, if we had a format that allowed for seamless integration.

again...please give it a bit of time to see if this format is doable?

18. Tom

Tom Active Member

We will be trying many things in the next month or so here. Who knows what we will end up with.

I must say that this board looks waaay better than the last one.

19. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Agreed but the ads on the side drive me INSANE!! Not sure why...I guess they're just very disracting.

20. grakker

grakker Guest

I feel a little bad now using firefox and adblock. Well, not bad in general, but I feel like I'm not supporting the site. Maybe that makes me feel bad...