New builder in Rockville, MD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ridingman, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ridingman

ridingman New Member

Hi all,
    I just built my first motorized bike with an old schwinn 21 speed mountain bike. I rode it to work today and I think I got more impressed looks than looks of "how did that guy become insane?"
    Anyway, I already love it and am so glad I tried this. I really feel like it's an old school way to combat the energy crisis.
    I plan to build another soon, since I think I'd rather have pedal brakes instead of hand brakes. I initially tried on a beach cruiser, but could not figure out how to get the sprockets to fit around the stabilizer bar that was attached to the rear wheel away on the opposite side of the chain. If anyone has any hints or insights, I'd appreciate it.
    Looking forward to learing from everyone here and hopefully can lend some insight myself after a while!

2. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Welcome to MBc...Sorry that I can't help with your brake problem, but I am sure if you post your question, now that you are a member, in the proper forum, or use our 'search function', I am certain you will come out sterling.
    Patrick