NEW BUYERS ! Would you buy one of these motors ??????

Esteban

Local time
12:56 PM
Would you buy one of the Chinese kits if you were told,,,,,,,
That after you bought it,,, you would most likely have problems with the installation , carburetor , gaskets , all bolts , etc., the chain , sprockets , muffler mount , chain tensioner , front mount , throttle , clutch cable & lever , kill switch , rusty gas tank , defective tank petcock , & there would be little, to no warranty or accessible replacement parts ??

Would you still buy one ??

Of Course

I have told everybody this already last year.... They still sell... Don't believe me check it out.. These kits are ruining the resale value of quality builds. You could say HT kits just SUX, but idiots still use them anyways. Oh well, let them learn the hard way.

I did...... I read up on the benefits and drawbacks before I bought it, and decided to buy it anyway. I was prepared for most of the problems from reading different posts and fixed them BEFORE even mounting the engine. Replaced all the bolts, gaskets, studs, chain, tensioner, clutch and lever. I see alot of problems on the forums with the engine kits that I have not run into, leaking floats, bad magnetos and CDI, sheared keys, etc. I have a different engine than most I see on here, and that might be the reason I dont know. It is a kit with a Grubee 48cc Roundhead that I got off EBAY 3 months ago for $125.00 shipped. I did not expect a warranty, and was prepared for what I paid for, but so far I am very happy with this motor. I dont see much on these motors whether they are better, worse, or the same. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

But to answer your original question, looking at the quality, price, and shipping charges that the vendors are asking now, PROBABLY NOT........

I think some people who aren't mechanically inclined, get frustrated with the HT engine. the need to almost constantly 'fiddle' with it is one of the reasons I bought this motor, price being the other.

Um, I never even considered one of those engines. They look cool in a cruiser frame, but just one look and you can tell that they're cheap. I'll gladly take a Mitsu or a Robin, Honda, etc. THANK YOU! I like Dim Sum though...

Sure, they're cheap, but no, I wouldn't call us idiots. That's how the majority of people here got started. I own lot's of bikes, so the HT's are just a novelty to me. And they aren't that bad, if you know how to maintain one properly.

Who cares what you ride. Just ride.

cheap is good for me lol
I know how to turn a wrench
I do have some talent at working on things and it's something I enjoy doing.
The basics of the chinese motors are sound. With the proper care these motors can go for a very long time trouble free.

as someone else has stated: "It don't matter what you ride, as long as you ride."

Last edited:
SOOOO, I just rode an HT motor from Boygofast today, someone in my area has one. The thing goes very well, more power than my TLE43. (70cc's should) And it vibrates the **** out of your hind end. It was fun to ride, I might even build one some time if I can figure out how to calm some of the vibration. I agree with the "It don't matter what you ride." THEY ALL HAVE PROS AND CONS. Today changed my mind.

And from a dealer who states that the motor is 80cc !!
Folks, " You get what you pay for! "

Guess you're going to get some elitist person no matter what your hobby is. I'm perfectly happy with my HT even with the tinkering it took to get it running properly, and I'd rather be an "Idiot" with an "80cc" HT and an extra $300 in the bank, than a snob with an ugly rack mount any day lol :devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back