NEW BUYERS ! Would you buy one of these motors ??????

Dax,

You offering some kinda quality machine I can invest my savings in? I'll do it if you got something to back up your words. I will pay good money till I got none for a quality machine. I cannot say I am a long time Motored biker but I am no clutz when it comes to making equipment work. I decided 3 monts ago to build or buy a motored bike and built my first within the first month. Now with 2 months of riding I have 1000 miles or more riding time @22 mph and maybe 10 hours tinkering time. I'm glad I spent my money on a Japanese Subaru and have a Tanaka coming next. Sorry I did not hear their kind of quality coming from other places. I would rather tinker some and ride lots as opposed to tinkerin a lot and ride a little.

Last edited:
.... I would rather tinker some and ride lots as opposed to tinkerin a lot and ride a little.

that's the same way I feel. My buddy, CrazyGringo, now has over 500 miles on his chinese motor, the last 500 have been 'tinker' free.
I plan on taking more time doing my install with my motor, simply because I have more patience than Gringo lol
I believe that I will get many many hours of riding without the 'need' to 'tinker' with the motor, however, not needing it has never stopped me from 'tinkering' before

My tinkering has been oil change twice, and spark plug looks and clean the air filter. I had to modify the frame I built for my motor to ride on the bike. The frame flexed and let the chain skip some so now it does not flex. I also lube the chains and adjust the brakes. Bikes are made to tinker or crash and sometimes both.

Darn a lot goes on here while I'm not paying attention. I just wanted to mention that, if one is willing to take the time to adapt the bike to the engine, there are reasonably reliable, feature filled, powerful, 4-stroke, Chinese manufactured, engines available for under $200 delivered. I'm talking about motors like the Lifan on my trike.

oops!......

I need to correct an earlier post I made on the subject; it wasn't the asker who called us idiots. It was the first answerer.

But it seems as thought that subject has been put to bed and we've all agreed to disagree and to be friends, right?

My apologies to esteban, all the same.

geez...a quickie then i'm going down to laws & legislation to open a different kind of disussion about some of the points raised here.

why do i feel the HT should be certified? because i think it's it's going to get an on-road designation...it seems to be sold as such, i think it would great as such (after solving issues discussed here)...the legislation will be looking for just such things as our numbers grow.

down to laws & legislation for a topic about legal-predictions.

yeah, the topic calmed down, good...i apologise for my part in the heat, but not for feeling like i do :cool:

Last edited:
2 strokes pollute like crazy,except for the Mitsubishi TLE 43 which is certified for use in CA.Happy time engines are cheap fun and a exellent learning experience in the school of hard knocks.If you are not critically dependent on them for essential transportation, don't have money to burn and are aware of what you're getting yourself into,(read the forums) I'd say go for it,the choice is yours.

Back