New Canadian Member, - it's spreading !!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Newfie Rider, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Newfie Rider

Newfie Rider New Member

Willy Nilly pretty much explains it. I'm almost 50 & after 10 years of having no bike to ride,last winter I googled the heck out of it. Checked local bylaws, types of bikes, the whole 9 yards. (might sound funny from a Canuck but I grew up on British Measurement & old cliche's.) You will find that my future posts will include Kilometers/Hr. though, cuz I set my speed/odometers that way for obvious reasons.
    I ended up dropping 1500 Bucks Canadian (including shipping & taxes,) & got an "E-bike" a 500watt electric Chopper that is identical to the RAW Chopper sold in the States. I got mine from a Canadian Importer/Distributor called "Belize Bicycle" via a local bike shop. The initial price for ordering a RAW Chopper from the U.S. was appealing but shipping/taxes/DUTY would have driven the price up to ABOVE what I paid.:poop: (more @ this later in the section on local law.)

Here is the latest U-Tube vid I made in early spring when I got it, I will be posting more on this bike soon as an update, and am prepping to build a gas bike @ 66cc over the winter & will post about that too.
    I look forward to reading more info - Installation pointers on this Forum should prove helpful.
    Here is the link :

I hope you enjoy, Cheers, - Newf

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

3. bideronit13

bideronit13 Member

I've never seen an electric chopper let alone with sound affects.
  4. Newfie Rider

Newfie Rider New Member

Thanks for the welcome & replies guys. I like your "sigpic" srdavo.
    As for the sound of that motor. It is not as loud now. It would whine like that when I pulled up out of my drive from a dead stop, and up steeper hills. then at 129 km. of use I blew the 20 amp fuse & pedaled home. The Canadian made fuse had thicker metal through the middle & added about 8 km/hr as well as quieting it a bit. It still drives Dogs CRAZY though, even when it seems silent on the flats.
    Update/Ride video as soon as I can but weather is wet for a bit.
  5. Newfie Rider

Newfie Rider New Member

Newfie Rider Update

I'm still a newbie too & this M-B site is the BEST !!!
    Long story short - The electric chopper is fun, goes 40km/h for 80 to 100km if you pedal like YODA.
    Hmmmmm, A gas bike would go 60 for @ 200 k - Hmmmmm.
    So, I get Z280 kit from e-bay with NO installation manual, get great deal on an A-frame bike at local shop due to incoming SNOWBOARDS.
    Then this sight becomes a valuable tool. If you are a noob like me then you're in for a surprise. If it wasn't for the info i got here and via links to u-tube, i wouldn't be nearly as far along on ...
    ... ROBOBIKE

Welcome to the site folks, it's ALL here, ... Yer in for a Fun Ride.

My FIRST gas bike build - "ROBOBIKE"