new carburetor

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12676

There was mention recently of a new style carb with a fuel delivery column raised up into the venturi like the Dellorto SHA carb but with adjustability. I was too busy to record the carb name for further investigation. Can anyone please tell me the carb name and/or their web site?
I believe that is a superior design because multiple small "main" jets should atomize the fuel better than just one, as a normal carb has. When I put on a 12mm SHA it ran better, had more power, and higher top speed although the venturi flow area was smaller than the stock carb. Its lack of adjustability was its downfall when I moved down from the mountains to the beach.

yes the jet column sticks up into the throat and the gasoline comes out of multiple jet holes when the slide is fully raised.
great idea but it needs to be fully adjustable like any good carb, allowing adjustment of the idle, mid-throttle, and full throttle mixture.
from what i read the new carb does that but I need its name so I can look it up.

From the link I posted. "Dellorto sells a good adjustable carb, the 16mm PHBG for $95, and it is fully adjustable unlike the SHA models."

You are quoting me since that is my site.
yes the PHBG is fully adjustable but it doesn't have the vertical jet column like the SHA does.

close but not quite what I am looking for.
What pedalchopper is offering is just an SHA copy. I don't know why they are lying and saying it has extra adjustability. Lies are more profitable than honesty I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back