New CDI and coil combo for racing available!

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by crmachineman, Nov 16, 2013.

1. crmachineman

crmachineman Member

Hello everybody.
    There is a new CDI developed for racing.
    I do not make the CDI units, but I have tested the CDI and like the performance very much.
    This CDI has an appropriate advance curve for racing.
    For me, the kicker was that there is a twin ignition model, which brought my twin ignition heads back into the realm of possibility.
    So, now, of coarse, as you could imagine, I'm running twin ignition again!

I figured it would be okay to mention it here, since Jaguar has started all kinds of threads on his products.

I will try to make a post in the vendors area with a link on where you can get the CDI's

Thanks
    -Fred

2. crmachineman

crmachineman Member

3. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

When you advance the ignition curve for proper timing at high RPM then it is too advanced at mid range RPMs. That problem has been solved with my new high RPM CDI.

4. crmachineman

crmachineman Member

Well, you can believe whatever you would like.
    Based on my actual road testing, I prefer the HD Lightning's all around performance.

5. scott.d.lang

scott.d.lang New Member

I am also and the HD has higher quality parts on the inside of it and the work looks more professionally done. That said I will not say the Jaguar is not good and I thank you for the advancements you have helped the motorized bike people achieve but Ill only use the HD on my personal builds for now on.

6. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

CRM, how can you prefer the HD over my new model when it has just been made available? Huh? No one has it yet.
    "higher quality parts"? I buy my parts from electronics parts houses in the States. They are as good as they come.
    The market for true "racing" CDIs for these engines is extremely narrow. So neither myself or the Jaguar copycats will be selling many of them.
    But I guarantee everyone reading this that my new design is unique and works good to halt excessive ignition retard at really high RPM.

7. scott.d.lang

scott.d.lang New Member

Im not going to say your new cdi don't have the quality parts you say but your orginal one did not have such high quality but on a stock or slightly modded engine it did very well just no where near as well as the HD does on all engines. IMHO

8. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Some of the original ones were made with parts available down here in south america but all the parts come from Asian countries.
    The Jaguar CDI has been in a constant state of evolution. The latest one (besides the high rpm model) can be set to match standard ported engines to very ported engines (reving to around 8000rpm). Dont compare a copy of my latest design to my earliest design. All people are doing is copying me. They think I am getting rich and they want to get a piece of that pie. ha! I am not getting rich by this. A third of my income from it goes to help put a friend thru college in Ecuador. She is poor and needs all the help she can get. (Everyone should be helping someone. That is my philosophy.)
    The question I want to pose to everyone reading this: Do you want to support the original inventor who brought such a great product to your doorstep, or do you want to support non-creative people who cant do anything more than rob my ideas? A helpful inventor or a copý-cat, who do you want to support? I guarantee you they cant wait to get their sticky hands on my new design to copy that also. And then they will be arrogantly boasting of how theirs is "better than the Jaguar CDI"!

9. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

I would rather buy parts from a vender in the usa...

Keep up the Great work Fred

10. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

JNMotors is the distributor for the Jaguar CDI and they are in the USA. And if you dont like foreigners and you dont want your money going to them then again you have no argument because I am an American, born and raised in southern States. I am in south america for business reasons.

11. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

good stay there... I will keep MY money in the usa and support a USA based company when possible

Now back to watching the bashing of anyone making parts that SOMEBODY does not have a valid patten or copyright for

12. scott.d.lang

scott.d.lang New Member

#1 Im glad to hear you are helping someone #2 you did give the idea that started wheels rolling but The HD lighting is nothing like your Jaguar. Also its not only made by a american its made in St Louis. Personally I don't care who anyone buys from and as Ive said your cdi is a good one better then stock but for the engines I build and as I said on my personal builds Ill use one of the HD lightnings if a client of mine wants a Jaguar I will not try to talk them out of it at all it will be there choice like a MSD or Accel. I wish both of you the best of luck and maybe we will get to see both of them on the track and then see how they compare.

13. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

yeah the HD maker claims it works better blah-blah and says its a new design but then no true info follows to back up his claims.
    I cant help think that it is my old design with my latest recommendation for lower timing circuit capacitance (which I disclosed in a recent post on this forum for owners of previous models who want to upgrade) that can better suit racing engines.
    Yankee, JNMotors makes most of the profit so buying from them is supporting the US economy.

14. scott.d.lang

scott.d.lang New Member

not trying to argue with you but I knew about that 2 months before you ever said anything about it so you are not the first on everything sorry to tell you.

15. Huffydavidson

Huffydavidson New Member

Reallllyyyyyy, you use cabor 5 percent tolerance resistors right. I use 1 percent metal film resistors which are military grade kitty.you charge capacitor is polyester very unstable mine is polypropylene may buy Panasonic the finest in the world highly stable your timing curve unnecessary. all it does is restricted motor. Let's play rock paper scissors.
    My Lightning strikes down your cat meow! You build the jag with e-bay 1/4watt resistors you have to you could sell it for $50 and still make money.

16. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

not saying anything other than that my dyno is nearing the stages of either upholding or debunking whatever claims anyone chooses to make about whatever new hotup part it is that theyre trying to flog off :D

ahuh, definitive, unbiased testing facility coming to a site near you:jester:

17. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

so you sell them to Jn at 2x your cost to build and in return he sells them at 2x his cost to import them.. yep such a great deal

18. Huffydavidson

Huffydavidson New Member

hey kitty you got anything on the track in December? I do! my schematic is nothing like yours your caps are unstable can you use eBay parts

19. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

so you sell them to Jn at 2x your cost to build and in return he sells them at 2x his cost to import them.. yep such a great deal

:whistling:

20. Huffydavidson

Huffydavidson New Member

You can buy drict from me, no middle man.jnm is a drop shipper. All his stuff comes of other sites and he marks them UP↑↑↑↑