New CDI and coil combo for racing available!

it will be nice to see some dyno runs all I can go by is seat of my pants and the differences I see in my gps on speed lol.

Hmmmmm..

I wonder if Goodyear is mad at Firestone because their tires have steel belts and are made of rubber also....?

No hate-in..... just say-in....!!

Peace

Scott said "I knew about that 2 months before".
what is "that"?
Why doesnt the HD maker give any details besides childish hype?

Scott said "I knew about that 2 months before".
what is "that"?
Why doesnt the HD maker give any details besides childish hype?
where is yours?

verified dyno runs with complete motor specs.
and from what motor did YOU copy the design from???

Huffy, I have many pages explaining this technical subject and showing relative timing graphs based on observations using a timing light.
You have nothing.
And you have the bold-faced arrogance to say that long held standards for digital CDIs for racing engines is "unnecessary". wow! you are incredible, but not in a good way.
You talk about the importance of using 1% resistors and closer tolerance capacitors. Huffy (big bad wolf), only if the design were "set" at the absolute best RC values would that be important. With an adjustable design it is perfectly fine to use 5% resistors and polyester charge capacitors. I have experimented with capacitor values plus and minus 20% of 1uf with no noticable difference observed.
You copy my design, use tighter tolerance RC components (totally unnecessary), use a lower value capacitor in the timing portion (as per my advice in a former post) for high rpm engines, and then in a way to cover the fact that I have made another design breakthrough that is beyond your comprehension you say the last portion of the timing curve which more closely approximates a digital CDI is "unnecessary".
Anyone reading this can easily see what the score is. Smart guy 1, dumb copycat 0.

Huffy, I have many pages explaining this technical subject and showing relative timing graphs based on observations using a timing light.
You have nothing.
And you have the bold-faced arrogance to say that long held standards for digital CDIs for racing engines is "unnecessary". wow! you are incredible, but not in a good way.
You talk about the importance of using 1% resistors and closer tolerance capacitors. Huffy (big bad wolf), only if the design were "set" at the absolute best RC values would that be important. With an adjustable design it is perfectly fine to use 5% resistors and polyester charge capacitors. I have experimented with capacitor values plus and minus 20% of 1uf with no noticable difference observed.
You copy my design, use tighter tolerance RC components (totally unnecessary), use a lower value capacitor in the timing portion (as per my advice in a former post) for high rpm engines, and then in a way to cover the fact that I have made another design breakthrough that is beyond your comprehension you say the last portion of the timing curve which more closely approximates a digital CDI is "unnecessary".
Anyone reading this can easily see what the score is. Smart guy 1, dumb copycat 0.

smart guy 1, dumb copycat 0. That is the funniest thing Ive heard from you yet since all you did was copy a Yamaha cdi in the first place so even if huffy did copy yours ( which he did not ) that is like pot calling kettle black. What a Hypocrite that makes you.

You are crying like a little woman that wears her feelings on her sleeves and as far as your graphs and other things Ive read all your stuff both electrical and mechanical I personalty cant say anything about the electrical but I can tell you are 100% wrong about a couple of your mechanical theories. I can say this because I was a mechanic that built many 600+ hp street legal cars both N/A and Turbo over the years before I got hurt.

Now instead of running your mouth like a Woman on her time of the month why don't you donate a couple of your jag cdis to a couple of the racers and see on the track which is better. Get your panties out of a wad and let your balls drop and be a MAN and act like a man please. even though I'm enjoying seeing you making a fool of yourself and lowering most peoples opinion of you.

This is the last thing I'm going to say on this post but I will enjoy LMAO when I read anything you have to say if you cant at least back it up on the track the way the HD Lighting is about to. Unless you can grow up then Ill be proud for you but I don't see that happening. so if you think you are the smart guy you are one of the dumbest ones Ive ever seen

I copied a Kawasaki CDI and made some changes to it for use with this engine. I didnt compete in the same market like Huffy is doing. He copies my design and then competes with me in the same market. Two different scenarios.
Scott, you are an expert on 4 stroke cars. These are 2 stroke motorcycle engines. A 2 stroke engine is far removed from a 4 stroke, so to me your "expertise" is of little value.
Many racers already use my CDI. If you were as smart as you think you are you would know that. At one race it was reported to me that more than half the racers had my CDI. But each engine at the races is different so theres really no comparing. Maybe Headsmess can tune an engine to run at 9000rpm and then compare the two CDIs.
In which post am I crying like a woman? I cant state the obvious without being insulted? All I am saying is that this person steals my design and then says its a new design unrelated to mine and that its better. Yeah, right. Tell that to your 10 year old grandchildren. I am not crying, just calling a spade a spade.

I am beginning to get used to this. Same scenario happened a few months ago. Someone steals my design and wants to compete in the same market, all the while claiming theirs is better, and they use this forum to insult me and do their best to get others to doubt my technical expertise. The attacks continue till the moderators step in. They act like ravenous wolves and probably only others with the same wolf mentality wind up siding with them. The good natured people on this forum know me as a very knowledgable person just trying to help. Just click on my signature link to see all the free info I have posted on my website for the benefit of all. I make a little money on each CDI sale but thats because I do actual work in contribution to the production of each batch sent to JNMotors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there are some hard feelings here about the Jag CDI vs the HD's Lightening CDI and the arguments are somewhat entertaining, but as I have said many times what works on paper doesn't work in practice many times, I can draw a big pink elephant with little wings flying over the ocean, but although the picture looks very realistic it isn't possible, I know this is a crude example, but seat of the pants tests with a Tach and a GPS speed reading and of course best of all will be a Dyno Test when that is possible, same exact engine and run one CDI through the paces and then the other and see what the final results are at all RPM's and the winner is........?????

My money is one the HD's Lightening because I have one and it performs perfectly on my modified china girl which has seen well over 9000 RPM and 48MPH.

Huffydavidson has done his homework on his design and it is not a run of the mill product, it is a top of the line unique product that I believe will clearly be shown to out perform anything else on the market hands down.

I wish all the best of success and have nothing bad to say about either product, I do think from my experience though that the jag is just a bling part for a basically stock china girl and will not likely add even 1 MPH to the bike but is kinda like putting chrome valve covers on a small block Chevy, looks good and looks faster but doesn't add anything beyond that.

The reason HD did his the way he did was to move beyond just an add on part and onto something that would actually add performance and higher RPM capability for the builders who want to do heavily ported and modified builds that could hit the high RPM's for fast street bikes and faster bikes at the track.

Jag, my advise to you would be to go to Freds ebay store and buy one of the HD's Lightening CDI's do whatever test you say you do with what you have made and see if you have a right to put HD down for what he has built or if you should be giving him an atta boy for bringing a good product to market for all who may want a high performance CDI....!

Peace to all and happy safe riding......!

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do I try to keep the rubber side down...... ride safely my friends!

Map:cool:

Back