new Dax Titan 4-stroke

I would compare Torque to be..............

The Torque or climb ability of the Titan 50 will match that of the DAX 70. It may have a little more. Keep in mind this. This 4 stroke has much higher compression than the 2 strokes. It is also more expensive than the 2 stokes. The 4 stroke has 9:1 compression. The 2 strokes are 7:1 compression. The Higher compression of the 4 stroke is one reason why it makes great power. 9:1 is not super high compression, but it is higher than the 2 strokes for sure. When pulling the rope and you hit the compression stroke just right, you will know it for sure. any 4 stroker knows to get a run at the compression when starting. I used to rope start single cylinder Diesels. Lombardinie's made in Italy. Talk about a compression stroke !!! Wow !! You really had to pay attention to the run up to compression when starting them. Those were really something. We are talking what 25:1 compression? something like that. Super super high for sure..

Hi thats dax, is your Titan a Kama engine from CMI

Extremely valid question.
I'm sure most people would like to know the origins of this engine?......for myself it would GREATLY affect by decision to purchase or not.

this might be a dumb question but can you peddle start or do you have to pull start. my house is on a hill and i just roll down and release the clutch on my 2 stoke and off i go. and yes i am lazy lol

Engine Type and Starting method

Engine Type is HJL model 133a and comes from my own factories as do my 2 strokes as well. These are exclusive motors. Starting method is by rope left side. Thanks...

:cool:I'm lazy too.

to start from a stop, i push off and then hit the throttle, just like the young tourists on mopeds in Waikiki.

I have a rack-mounted 20" DAHON. My pedals are where i rest my feet on the ride.:rolleyes:

Myron

I would consider rope start a plus, IF there was a freewheel in the drive chain loop.

This is what I want for my Schwinn. Dwane,I'm gonna start saving up then when you have the supply,if you don't mind,I 'd like to come by your place to pick mine up. Wow. Wet clutch alone sold me. Let's see...if I stash away 100 bucks a month,I'm looking at Februrary. It's like I need to wait and yet I can't.
(edit) Okay. Not a wet clutch,but still so awesome that you live so close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
True.. PTO is the power take off. PTO = Power Take off. The device or mechanical point where the power is delivered and then used to drive or power another device.

Like a motorcycle alternator.

......!

Emech,

There are 3 piece wide cranks that you can get that will accommodate the wider 4 stroke engines.

Back