New Electric Bike Rider

ghostofmccleve

Local time
6:40 PM
How's it going? I just purchased a new conversion kit for my POS mountain bike :))). I am currently going through a lengthly legal battle with my local courts over a red light ticket and in the process I have lost my driving privileges. It has been two weeks since I have gotten behind the wheel of a car and until yesterday I was in a lot of despair until I read up on electric bikes and saw a new light of hope. I just purchased a kit from WeRElectrified.com and am looking forward to receiving it. I must admit that my desire to ride a bicycle has not come from a conscious effort to save the environment; to be honest, I have not thought of it much. However, the fact that I can get to school and work just as quickly on an electric bike as I could in my car (and for much cheaper :D) makes me rather happy. I hope to post more when the kit comes from FedEx. Anyway, I'll talk to you all later.

PS: I'm not too sure whether you guys want to know what kind of kit I've gotten, so I'll write it down now to save time. I bought the BD24KIT (again from werelectrified.com). I'm not exactly sure of all the technical specifications, so if you're curious, you can follow that link.

Welcome to MBc Ghost. Just a "heads up" about Werelectrified: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7976

I appreciate that Alaskavan. It's a bit comforting to know that ahead of time, although I have already "paid" for the kit. Luckily I paid with a credit card and if I feel anything is shady, I'll just contest the charges and get my money back. Either way, I'll keep you guys updated. From what I have read about the company, they are an official dealer for WildernessEnergy.com (the people who actually make the kit). Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again, Alaskavan.

Back