New Electric Bike Rider

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ghostofmccleve, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ghostofmccleve

ghostofmccleve New Member

How's it going? I just purchased a new conversion kit for my POS mountain bike :)smile:). I am currently going through a lengthly legal battle with my local courts over a red light ticket and in the process I have lost my driving privileges. It has been two weeks since I have gotten behind the wheel of a car and until yesterday I was in a lot of despair until I read up on electric bikes and saw a new light of hope. I just purchased a kit from WeRElectrified.com and am looking forward to receiving it. I must admit that my desire to ride a bicycle has not come from a conscious effort to save the environment; to be honest, I have not thought of it much. However, the fact that I can get to school and work just as quickly on an electric bike as I could in my car (and for much cheaper :grin:) makes me rather happy. I hope to post more when the kit comes from FedEx. Anyway, I'll talk to you all later.

PS: I'm not too sure whether you guys want to know what kind of kit I've gotten, so I'll write it down now to save time. I bought the BD24KIT (again from werelectrified.com). I'm not exactly sure of all the technical specifications, so if you're curious, you can follow that link.

2. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Welcome to MBc. You'll like it here, and we like that you're here.

3. ghostofmccleve

Thanks Zev0! Glad to be here.

4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

5. ghostofmccleve

I appreciate that Alaskavan. It's a bit comforting to know that ahead of time, although I have already "paid" for the kit. Luckily I paid with a credit card and if I feel anything is shady, I'll just contest the charges and get my money back. Either way, I'll keep you guys updated. From what I have read about the company, they are an official dealer for WildernessEnergy.com (the people who actually make the kit). Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again, Alaskavan.

6. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard

7. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:

8. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day man & welcome to MBc.

9. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome sparky rider from the Giant Side of Texas!

10. graucho

graucho Active Member

Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas. Keep your electric dream if your interested. Thanks also Alaskavan for that good thread.

11. friedlbug

friedlbug Member

Glad you're here. Check out the "Electric Motors & Related Components" section. I'm in the middle of an e-bike build right now.

12. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome to MBc..lotsa good info happy motoring and hope it all goes well...

13. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Welcome aboard. I've never ridden an electric bike. Sound like fun.

Jim