new family member

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by locoWelder, Jun 12, 2007.

1. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Dude we got a new Dell! today its a I 1505 pumped to the hill top.....PS NO VISTA! I got it with XP

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Can you install a NOS kit on that? :lol:
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

xp = stability
    vista = not
    tried it, dumped it after 1 day
    I found a running well machine works better than a crappy os with nice visuals
  4. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Vista needs alot of RAM.

Congrats loco. I need a cheap durable laptop before a long road trip.
  5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

this is our frist laptop,but the sad thing is at home we only get dail up :cry: but I had to take my youngest son to the hospital today, he fell outside and cut his elbow and needed 7 stiches , he's doing fine anyhow I took the laptop with us to the ER and Bang! WIFI!!!! it the fastest thing I've ever used.
    but I will buy the xps 1201 for our trip in 08 just because of the size of this one......when I ordered it I saw it had a 15 inch screen so I thought it would be the same size as my monitor on our desk top...... boy was I wrong....this thing is freking huge!
    the battery life is ok I guess like I said its our frist.
    I'm going to look into solar chargers for a laptop,cell phone and other small things that we are going to need for the trip.....but anywho,Good morning I've got to get some coffee and do my ebay thing got to make atleast 95.00 today so I can make up for yesterday only a half day of work.......Later Loco 8)