New Felt Slater Build With Honda Gc160 Motor

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vintech59, Jan 30, 2012.

1. vintech59

vintech59 New Member

Hello, I'm Vintech59,

Obviously New To This Forum And Motorized Bicycles. My Brother Got Me Hooked On These Bikes And I Ended Up Building This Bike (2011 Felt Slater), For The Last 3 Months With The Help Of Cad/cam And Cnc Machines. I'm Using A Honda Gc160 Motor Mounted Vertically (and Level) By Cutting Out A 4" Section Of The Center Seat Post Tube, And Installing A "billet" Aluminum Section Which Doubles As A Bearing Support For The Gtc Cvt Unit It Runs. I'll Keep Some More Photos Coming If You Guys Want To See More.

Attached Files:

MotorBicycleRacing likes this.

2. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Thats a nice looking bike! Like the work with the mounts. And Im sure everyone would love to see more pics.
  3. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Welcome to the forum. You obviously have design and machining skills with what I see so far. I don't see any welding on the frame which is probably a very good thing avoiding the need for heat re-treating, if I'm assuming correctly it's aluminum. I think Felt went to steel on that model in 2012.

Is it a race bike for the track or use on the street and if the later I'm curious what the legal status of a bike like will be in your area? Also, if you're going to have pedals on it, scooter or motorcycle? It seems like pushing well the limit of a motored bicycle.
  4. vintech59

vintech59 New Member

Yes, This Bike Was Built To Race And Hopefully Will Function Well, All Billet Parts Are Machined From Solid 6061-t6 Aluminum For Good Weight To Strength Ratios.
  5. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

I am blown away by your build! Very impressive and matches
    those high quality Felt motor mounts that you and your brother make.

You got #78 so see you at the Grange race track in April. You are
    going to have so much fun racing in the fast growing 4 stroke class!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  6. vintech59

vintech59 New Member

More Shots Of My Felt Slater With Gc160 Bike

Been Working On The Slater Intensely The Past Couple Weeks, Here Is How It Looks Today.

Attached Files:

7. curtisfox

curtisfox Member

Boy now thats some nice AWESOME work love it..........Curt
  8. vintech59

vintech59 New Member

Thanks, it's been a lot of fun building this bike!
  9. MotorBicycleRacing

That's a really tight fit!
    I love all the details that you have made like how the
    fuel valve comes out sideways.
    Can't wait to see it up close at the race.
  10. babyliston

babyliston New Member

Hi Vin, that is a very beautiful bike but I have a couple of questions

Beautiful bike Vin! what mounting kit did you purchase to mount the gc160 ? and I see that you used a vertical gc160 but isn't it more standard to use a horizontal for a bicycle ? I thought it was, I'm just asking because I am about to purchase the same engine any information would be a great help' thank you.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  11. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Wow. looks like it was built by a professional racing shop. I especially the way you compensated for the removal of part of the seat post.
  12. MotorBicycleRacing

Mounting kit? lol
    Richard has access to all the CNC machines at Joker Machine Inc and the skills to program the parts.

There were about 3 of this model built with GC 160's. All of them have had the motors replaced
    with Briggs Animal 209's now.

Check out

Here are 2 of them raced by his son and nephew at Socal Motor Bicycle Racing.