New from Auburn, Ca.

tatebikes

Local time
12:35 AM
Just joined the motoredbikes.com crowd. I'm an artist with a little metalworking experience but still have much to learn. I built a motored bike with a Briggs & Stratton engine a couple of years back and got hooked on building these bikes. Just recently I built another bike with one of the chinese 2-strokers and am working on three others. It's very addicting. I have posted the first bike in the photo gallery. I look forward to being a part of this site. Thanks

Hi tatebikes,

Had a look at your bicycle in the picture gallery and its very impressive

It was a learning experience!

Ozi, thanks for checking out my bike photos. It has had some minor changes since those photos were taken. I'll add some new ones soon. Also trying to upload some pics of a boardtrack inspired bike.

HI! A few years back I rode my whizzer powered 1905 Mead "California" through Auburn on my way to New York. I purchased some bearings and pedals at a bike shop, and my Dad bought a transistor radio there to listen to in the support truck and at night before sleeping. Cool to have you here!
Rif

Hey guys, can anyone guide here, I recently bought a clamshell sprocket adapter from livefastmotors for a coaster brake hub and wondered if anyone knows a hub brand that works right out of the box with this adapter. Supposedly the diameter of the hub should be a 1"1/2.

Tatebikes - I just saw your Briggs powerd bike, and I love it. The tank is a work of art. I always wanted to put a Briggs in a bike, the one I was going to use is the one from a rotary mower, it has a better looking crankcase, (round). All you have to do is put the dipper on the rod and use the flywheel off the Horizontal engine. Now you got me started again, I have about ten of the engines saved. I wanted to use a empty rim next to the rear wheel and run a large belt all the way around, like the George Wyman bike of 1903. I will keep you posted if I get started, I need to find a frame to cut, LOL. Have fun, Dave

To the inspired!

Dave, I hope you do get started on the rotary motor bike. The round crank case is better. I wondered if it could be done and someone said there would be a problem with proper oil distribution. Sounds like you got it solved. As far as the frame, I used a ten speed cause it was free. I must say though, if you look carefully, there isn't much of the original frame in use. I would suggest an older steel mountain bike frame for a heavier duty base to start with. If I were to build the same bike again I would try starting from scratch and build a jig just for that style of frame. I'm glad you like my bike and thanks for the comment on the tank.:D

Back