Local time
7:31 PM
I am looking to get a motorized bike and since i am so close to
bisbee i thought i would get one of the "Spooky Tooth"
bikes. Is there any particaular one that is better?How fast will
an 80cc two stroke go? This site rocks with all the info and
bad azz bikes!

Welcome.

I have never bought a bike from Spookytooth, but the engine I got is solid. I am moving it to a new bike next week.

Remember that the bigger engines are not legal as motor assisted bikes in AZ. I stick with the under 50cc motors.

Welcome to the forum. AZ is a great place to own a motorized bike. Any Spookytooth bike will power you far north of the 20mph speed limit for power assisted bicycles.

Thanks for the info and welcome, everyone! So if an if it is illegal to have an engine over
50cc in Az.How fast is a 5occ compared to an 80?

That is a good question. Don't really know and it "depends" My 49 does just under 39 mph last time I tried for speed, this was before I made some changes to it. I probably can wind it out to just under 50 on a straight run. (this is with a shift kit on a "weak" engine.) My other 49 does 30mph it has a centrifugal clutch and a 44 tooth rear sprocket, which I plan on swapping out to a 41 which will add a couple mph.

I don't know anyone that has swapped out like engines on the same bike and run speed trials as that would be the only way to tell.

When I said illegal, I meant street legal, no license and registration required.

A 80 is really only a 66 so that makes only an 18cc difference, as well.

Back