New from toronto

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zuzu, Jul 1, 2007.

1. zuzu

zuzu Guest

Hi I am investigating motorized bikes. I had an electric, it was stupid. I want something that is quiet and goes pretty fast, like 30mph, for when you are out on country roads. So I am thinking of the mitsubishi engine, but I am wondering what the difference between the friction and chain driven units are. I read that frictin is not as good. any opinions?

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc
    ask down in rack mount and you'll get more answers !
  3. spunout

spunout Member

welcome! glad you're with us 8)
    Happy :mrgreen:
  4. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

welcome to MBc 8)
  5. Big Papa Pun

Big Papa Pun Guest

Hey how's it going? :evil:
  6. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Hey zuzu...welcome to MBc! There are some cool electric ones, personally a gas one with a solar cell back up would be cool...good luck and happy motoring! I am off to work as the public awaits me lol...bye! :cool:
    ps my ole man and i quibble about who is going to get the bike today...the early bird gets the worm... :razz:
  7. Welcome :grin:
  8. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group!
  9. Lowell

Lowell Guest

How far do you need to go? A 30mph electric bike is not a tall order at all.
  10. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Electric bike

If you want quiet I would go with electric. I have a chain driven 2 stroke that I am happy with but probably noisey. for you. I think any kind of motor on a bicycle is just briliant idea.
  11. davidsis

davidsis Guest

quay, do you guys really both want to ride the bike. My wife does not like mine.
  12. azbill

azbill Active Member

the difference was hers first !!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: