Attachments

• schwinnmeridian.jpg
    schwinnmeridian.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 115
Staton has kits for 3-wheelers:

https://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=2920 - 35cc Subaru

OR

https://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=2651 - 50cc Honda

And from personal experience, Trikes are fun, I built a 196cc (6.5HP) trike for a friend. The one-wheel drive makes it pull to the right some under acceleration, and you have to go easy on turns and uneven surfaces, but it's a LOT of fun. 2-wheels is easier to control, but a trike can be driven fast with some practice, and learning to stand up and lean while turning will help to keep all 3 wheels on the ground. I like how a trike can turn on a dime compared to a 2-wheeler.

Have fun with your new Bike or Trike!
-ZnsaneRyder

Last edited:
SnowMoPed?

Hi ZNsaneRyder,
Thanks for the links ... I've been checking those sites and like what I see.

Thanks also for the 3-wheel riding tips ... standing on the turns ... sounds like riding my old snowmobile! (For those who might not know, this is safer than it sounds when done properly ... be careful.)

Good to hear from another trike-ster!

I would suggest if you aren't friction drive, there are ratcheting sprockets that you can put on each wheel that would give you even power and freewheeling to boot for better fuel economy. I have a pair SOMEWHERE, but you know how that goes.

Sprockets

I would suggest if you aren't friction drive, there are ratcheting sprockets that you can put on each wheel that would give you even power and freewheeling to boot for better fuel economy. I have a pair SOMEWHERE, but you know how that goes.

Thanks ... the sprockets sound like they might have possibilities ... but I'm thinking simple friction drive right now, at least for the first bike.

By the way, SOMEWHERE is where I keep most of my stuff too! OutThere Somewhere and InHere Somewhere.

Appreciate the input ........

SOMEWHERE revisited

The reason I can't find my ratcheting sprockets. I saw them once recently but it was during the period MAGGIE was invading my "Model Room" where I built my gas and rubber planes and racing boats. I haven't done it in a while so SHE decided that was where HER stuff should be. It was a 12 X 18 bedroom when my girls were growing up. It is really loaded with stuff I will probably never use again but too good to sell or toss. I would miss my oscilloscope, measuring microscope, drafting table with all the STUFF on it, several keyboards, a HUGE light box, about 25-30 gas boat,several huge sailboats, many old-timer r/c planes on the ceiling, and a fortune in pulsejet and ignition engines, plus a bushel basket of glo stuff. See what I mean? I can't even get to the drawers on my workbench or the wall cabinet. KW:censored:

Wow and a Half!!!

Wow... now that's a lot of stuff! But we all know a guy can't have too much stuff and your's sounds way neater than most! Let me know if you ever have a yard sale!

William, my wife never got to park her car in the garage in the 34 years we have been here, and it is a 2 and 1/2 car garage. She says she is going to park there the minute I am gone, so all my friends know that when I die they better get here quick, LOL. there is nothing out there that is not made of metal so I guess the tin man will be the first to call. I do have a few glow engines out there also. I started building a 29 Ford years ago, I need to finish that some day, you can't see it under everything. Have fun, Dave

Back