New generation of happytime engines

I

iron_monkey

Sorry if theres already a discussion about this, if there is I searched and can't find it.

Anyway, the Grubee website indicates a new generation of happytimes that appear to make things alot easier.

1. CDI integrated into the inside of the engine, no more dodgey wires and connections outside, and CDI not exposed to the weather. New magneto design. This I presume will be a much more reliable ignition system.

2. New CNS Carb design, I presume no more crappy leaky carbs. No more of that crappy air filter.

3. Larger intake.

4. 202 bearing upgraded to 203 bearing, bigger oil seals.

5. Rear and front mounts wider for much easier fitting to frame. Mount studs upgraded from 6mm to 8mm to reduce instances of thread stripping/over torquing/breakage.

6. New bottom end roller bearing. One piece crank balances. (I recall a thread here about someones balances suffering catastrophic failure)

This milestone marks the first major overhaul of the original design from the Chinese factories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting the better part of the year waiting for them to come on the market, but I won't hold my breath.
Where is the Super Rat? It looks awesome.
I hate being teased.
There doesn't appear that there is any importer willing to spend the money to get these motors EPA approved.
It's like looking at a centerfold and knowing she will never be yours..
I need a cold shower now.

TIM

6 months isnt that long, especially when these engines are shipped by sea.

Wow the 4 stroke happytime "concept": http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/images/NewPro04.jpg

I suppose that concept is probably years away from production, if it ever gets produced.

Here is another one. This one replaces the bottom bracket. It is more like a standard moped engine so would need a special frame.

Attachments

• HoneyBee_4_cycle_bicycle_engine_kit.jpg
    HoneyBee_4_cycle_bicycle_engine_kit.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 232
  • HoneyBee_4_cycle_bicycle_gas_engine_kit.jpg
    HoneyBee_4_cycle_bicycle_gas_engine_kit.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 249
I've been waiting the better part of the year waiting for them to come on the market, but I won't hold my breath.
Where is the Super Rat? It looks awesome.
I hate being teased.
There doesn't appear that there is any importer willing to spend the money to get these motors EPA approved.
It's like looking at a centerfold and knowing she will never be yours..
I need a cold shower now.

TIM
Cheaper than a fiance who won't let you ride her. My skyhawk left her nest 9-2010 & joined mine over a month ago. some ghetto punk stole my old hor se.
So just pass the lithium grease and don't come a knockin'...

Back