New girter front end for Frankentrump

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cory, Nov 7, 2008.

1. cory

cory Guest

Springer was a little tall and long and wasnt looking forward to the ride, so when I saw this for sale for $200 on one of the chopper sights Ive been on I snaged it. Sold by a long standing member of the forum, this new girter front end is guna shorten up and drop the bike just enough to make it strong and safe to ride.:p I is a happy camper I is!!! The pic showing the front end on the bike is the old springer, the front end on the ground is the new girter front end. Work continues on grinding off old mounting tabs on frame and welding up old mounting holes. Will be hooking up the electrical this weekend and crossing my fingers for spark on the old Yamaha 650. in the testing mount.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi cory; ive always been with the girder style on choppers. it one of the first styles of cycling ever.

3. cory

cory Guest

Girter

You bet, alot stronger and smoother ride than a springer also. Pluss this thing looked like it belonged on a tank. Its true, most of the best machanical designs were figured out a long time ago.:grin: