New guy from Louisiana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sterno666, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Sterno666

Sterno666 New Member

I'm new to the motorbike world but have been riding/restoring/loving motorcycles for about 10 years now. I have a love for vintage (1970's mainly) Honda's and have restored three (2 CL360 and a CB350) and am working on my fourth (CX500).

I've been lurking here for a few days since I ordered a motor kit for my cruiser bike. I'm really anxious to get it in and on the road.

Any others here from South Louisiana?

2. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Sterno, welcome to Motoredbikes!

3. tjs323626

tjs323626 Member

Welcome Sterno,

Where do you live? I am in the Springfield area, close to the Tickfaw st. park. For many years I owned Honda 750K bikes. They are great machines and a joy to ride.

Good luck with your build. Which bike, engine combo will you be using?

Tom

4. Sterno666

Sterno666 New Member

I'm not too far from you. I live in Abita Springs in St. Tammany Parish. I have a few friends who live in the Springfield area. After this CX500 restore I'd like to get a 750+ Honda, maybe an older Shadow.

I just bought a kit from Zoombicycles. I think it's called the ZB80. I read a lot of positive reviews of that company and went with them. I'm not really even sure of the bike's make. I bought it some years ago at walmart and pulled all the stickers off right after I bought it. It's a beach cruiser style bike.