New guy from Maui

tommer2

Local time
7:31 AM
Hi all. Just a note to say hi!! Looks like a lot of fun. Check out my new build in the picture gallery.:cool:

Maui no kai oi!

What part of The Valley Isle are you from?

I was born and raised in Wailuku. My friends and I rode our balloon-tire cruisers to Kahului, Wailuku and Iao Valley.

Man, a motorized bike must be fun with less traffic than Oahu. I'd love to ride there...

If the highway to Lahaina wasn't so hazardous for bicycles(I'm presuming), the 20-something mile ride from Wailuku to Lahaina would be a blast!:devilish:

Hey Bra, How you? Yea I live in Wailuku!!! I guide those bikes down Haleakala!! Been doin that for 15 years!!! Love my job!! You can check out my bike in the Gallery. It's under "New Schwinn Spitfire Build. Its fun riding here on Maui. I was just in Oahu Wed. Man you would get run over there!!! If you get to Maui, look me up. Laters. Thom:cool:

Hey Thom,

I used to live by Golden Jade restaurant in Wailuku.

I saw your bike; it looks awesome! Very well put together.

Riding a motorized bike in Honolulu and mixing it up with cars is like driving on the L.A. freeway, lol. I commute 12 mile round trip to work daily. It's like a 20-minute amusement ride twice daily! Fuel costs $10 monthly. Free parking inside the parking structure. If I drive, then I park over quarter-mile away and the mynah birds dump on my car, lol.

If the Super Ferry was still in business, my friend and I would bring our bikes and circle the island. Haleakala would be a challenge, though. Would have to install a bigger sprocket, though.

Wow, so you get to ride down Haleakala Highway then!

Must be SOME...good! lol

For you non-Maui residents, SOME..good/nice/big/pretty/smart/ugly is Maui slang.:giggle:

If you get over here, let me know and I'll get you a ride down Haleakala!!! Laters, Thom

Welcome to the forum. I've been to Oahu a couple of times. I want to see Maui and the big island.

Back