New guy, from ohio

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by merlinfire, Jun 12, 2013.

1. merlinfire

merlinfire New Member

Hey I have been thinking about a motorized bike for a while and figured I should come talk to you guys about it! I'm in SW Ohio.

I have just started to do some research, is this pretty much a DIY proposition? Or can you buy a motorized bike for a good price? Or is it commonly considered that you should buy the bike and then buy the motor separately? I am a total noob.

2. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

First look up and read your local laws on motorized bicycles/mopeds. Some states consider booth to be the same thing. Unless you're an experienced builder, you'd be better buying a quality kit and putting it on your bike. With these kits you get what you're willing to pay for. There's several good dealers out there. I personally use Staton Inc.

merlinfire likes this.
  3. merlinfire

merlinfire New Member

Thanks. I'll take a look at them. I live in Ohio and per the law <50cc is ok.

So generally speaking a "kit" should have all the parts I need other than the tools to mount it to the bike? Or do I also need certain mounts also?

4. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Different kits provide you with different things. Staton provided everything I needed.

merlinfire likes this.