New guy From Orange County, California

StretchedRatRodD

Local time
10:09 AM
hello there, my name is Douglas most people just call me Hot rod. I'm 22 years old and Work as a Security Guard (on call).I've been riding bicycles since i was maybe 4 years old,and ride streetbikes for 4 years. I Found this site from looking up Youtube videos of bicycles with engines kits. This is my 1st time on a bicycle forum the other forum I'm on is for street bikes. I Currently have a Stretched Beach Cruiser. I'm trying to customize it for many things but just started to get the Idea for a motor for it. I'm trying to shop around somewhere that sells a motor kit under $170, does anyone know where i can get one in Orange County,Ca and possibly get help installing one I'm a newb at this. There's a a Club i ride with once a month that is a Cyclone Coaster Vintage Bike ride club in Long Beach,Ca. Anyways its a pleasure to meet you guys and hope to do some group rides someday.

Here's a few pics of my rides:devilish:

Attachments

• My bike.jpg
    My bike.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 144
  • My bike...jpg
    My bike...jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 151
  • my rides.JPG
    my rides.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 161
Welcome aboard.

Yup, you're in the right place. There are a number of engines/drive trains that'll work with that bike. The most inexpensive ones will be about $170.00 after tax and shipping. (Though you might have trouble, being in California. Pollution standards are tougher there. But I'll bet you can find something, anyway)

Just start reading here. Click on any headline that looks interesting. Before you know it, you'll have a pretty good idea of your options.

Good luck and have fun.

Welcome from Riverside.
I just built almost the identical bike.
I have pics in the gallery. The peddle side tensioner was my biggest hurdle.

Welcome aboard.

Back