New guy from Wisconsin w/ a design!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 99xjon, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 99xjon

99xjon New Member

hey guys my name is jon, and let me start out by saying you guys have got a great forum!!! Seriously i am on a couple of car forums and the amount of hazing that happens on those has become so regular its almost normal :( Thankfully your forum has some nice people on it that know a thing or two about mannors :)

anyways..... like the title said, im from wisconsin. I always tinkered around with my bike when i was younger and dreamed about the day my father would decide to get a new mower so i could steal the old motor and hook it up to my bike:) After getting into the car scene for a long time however, my bike was sadly put on hold :(

A 'few' cars later and i find myself driving a Jeep looking for the best mpg i can possibly get. (i have found the best way to get good mpg is not to drive it all :] )

As winter approaches for me i am currently looking for a new project, and thought this looked like a great oppurtunity to learn some things abut bikes.

After reading alot of your forum the last couple of weeks, i slowy started putting some ideas together. I plan on getting a motor kit from SICKBIKEPARTS.COM because it seems that they have had the best experience with their customers. I have put togther a small ROUGH drawing of what i would like the bike to look like when im finished, but have a few questions i would like to ask the guys that have been around here for a while.

First of all, i know the drawing doesnt show pedals, but it will have them on there for a means of starting, and legality.

Second, are there any aspects of the drawing that are an instant no-no that anybody can see?

I will DEFINATLY have more questions about this bike that i might have for you guys, but at the moment im a little short on time.

Any feedback is welcome!

Attached Files:

2. professor

professor Active Member

Welcome!
    As long as the engine is a China kit (HT) it is fine -because it has a built-in gear reduction.

3. 99xjon

99xjon New Member

Thanks professor, Any specific engine kit you recommend ? Also as far as mounting the engine, is it possible to mount it to a metal plate, or does it have to be tube mounted ?

4. postysteve

postysteve Member

RE : is it possible to mount it to a metal plate, or does it have to be tube mounted ?

Well this depends what sort of engine you decide to fit ? a normal 2 stoke (HT) engine will be tube fitted or if you decide to fit a 4 stroke honda or a Chinese copy then that will be fitted on a metal plate.

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome 99. I have a scale dwg of my motorbike in AutoCAD and can sometimes use it to test fit parts.

6. 99xjon

99xjon New Member

i know you guys probably get this question alot, but i have done quite a bit of research and still cant make the desicion on what motor kit to get. Once i have the kit all worked in i plan on fabbing up my own muffler along with a larger gas tank, but for now all i need is a kit. Im looking at getting a "80cc" motor, because im looking at getting the most speed as i can out of this build (it will be my main transportation on country roads). I have looked at sick bike parts shift kit and eventually that looks like something i would want to get, but for now i just need a good motor kit.

Sorry for the re-post of a FAQ...