New guy - New kit - Need expert assistance - Wiring

B

Big Willy

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this hobby and need some help from the seasoned veterans. I got the bug when I was filling the truck up with gas at the corner gas station. A guy pulled up on a cruiser bicycle with an engine on it. I asked him some questions and left. I have been on motorcycles all of my life (off & on) and this looked fun. Being on the technical/creative side I thought I needed to build one.

I got excited and purchased a kit off of e-bay. If I knew then what I know now (Simpson, Dax...) I would have taken a little more time on buying this kit.

I need some expert guidance on how to install this kit. The big sticking point is the wiring. Here is what the kit has for wires.

- Coil = Black & Green

- Engine = Black, Blue & White

The instructions say to hook like color wires to like color wires. Well... I have black to black and then???

- It also says to attach the kill switch wire to the green wire coming from the engine

- To mix it up even more, it says "If you connect a 6 volt headlight, the kill switch wire then goes to the "green" color wire and the 6 volt head light to the black & green". Do we place the kill on the green and the light power to the green and light ground to the black?

- So... do we assume the blue on the engine is to be green?

- Where does the white wire come in? What is this used for?

Sorry for such a long post but I thought being my first; I would lay out what I have going on and am about. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Back