New guy - New kit - Need expert assistance - Wiring

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Big Willy, May 22, 2007.

1. Big Willy

Big Willy Guest

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this hobby and need some help from the seasoned veterans. I got the bug when I was filling the truck up with gas at the corner gas station. A guy pulled up on a cruiser bicycle with an engine on it. I asked him some questions and left. I have been on motorcycles all of my life (off & on) and this looked fun. Being on the technical/creative side I thought I needed to build one.

I got excited and purchased a kit off of e-bay. If I knew then what I know now (Simpson, Dax...) I would have taken a little more time on buying this kit.

I need some expert guidance on how to install this kit. The big sticking point is the wiring. Here is what the kit has for wires.

- Coil = Black & Green

- Engine = Black, Blue & White

The instructions say to hook like color wires to like color wires. Well... I have black to black and then???

- It also says to attach the kill switch wire to the green wire coming from the engine

- To mix it up even more, it says "If you connect a 6 volt headlight, the kill switch wire then goes to the "green" color wire and the 6 volt head light to the black & green". Do we place the kill on the green and the light power to the green and light ground to the black?

- So... do we assume the blue on the engine is to be green?

- Where does the white wire come in? What is this used for?

Sorry for such a long post but I thought being my first; I would lay out what I have going on and am about. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

3. Big Willy

Big Willy Guest

Thank you for the info!

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

welcome to MBc 8)